i have a problem with my bluetooth...Yes, i can send files via bluetooth but the problem is always failed on receiving any files via bluetooth from any other device.
    My Apple Mac Computer and my other phone (nokia) actually they able to detect and recognized my bold bluetooth but when i tried to send something always said "Failed On Connection"

anybody know how to solve this problem???

Thank u
    12-18-08 12:04 PM
    Did you select on the phone where you want to receive the file to using bluetooth?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blue...05/#post179068
    12-18-08 12:10 PM
    I cannot send or receive files using bluetooth. Although my phone recognizes my computer, it doesn't recognize it for file share. Stupid HP. I heard there are fixes but haven't tried any yet. 2800 dollars worth of electronics and THEY don't play nice together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 12:57 PM
    i have a problem with my bluetooth...Yes, i can send files via bluetooth but the problem is always failed on receiving any files via bluetooth from any other device.
    My Apple Mac Computer and my other phone (nokia) actually they able to detect and recognized my bold bluetooth but when i tried to send something always said "Failed On Connection"

anybody know how to solve this problem???

Thank u
    sunkast is correct, it will not do it unless #1 you have already established a bluetooth sync relationship between the two devices and #2 you have gone into media and selected receive using bluetooth. Good luck!
    12-18-08 02:19 PM
    I did pairing and established a bluetooth between 2 devices (my bold and my mac), but still i can't send anything from my mac or other phone to my bold. "Failed on Connection" always shown in my bold.
    12-20-08 11:09 PM
    so anyone of have this problem and solved? thanks
    12-20-08 11:14 PM
    Are you having the same problem using Desktop Manager??

Mine wouldn't connect to my computer until I enabled a connection with DM.

Also, not sure about Mac, but there is a broadcom bluetooth driver needed for Vista to be able to connect properly.

Hope this helps.
    12-20-08 11:35 PM
    actually my laptop and my other cell phone able to recognize the bold bluetooth but when i start to send something they message always shown up to Field on Connection
    12-21-08 10:59 AM
    Guys, you need to open the media app on your Bold and select "Recieve Using Bluetooth" you will then see a "File Transfer - Waiting For Connection" screen, now try sending to the phone via bluetooth.

Good luck.
    12-22-08 05:15 AM
    I actually had problems with this as well. I was trying to send/receive pictures via bluetooth with another phone. However whenever I select send using bluetooth, it only gives the option of my bluetooth headset.

Do I need to pair my phone with the other phone before I can send/receive media through bluetooth between the two devices? It just seems a little odd, but hey if that's the way it's done, then so be it.
    12-22-08 11:29 AM
    I had the same issue and resolved it last night. For some reason you have to set the device you are receiving from as trusted.

Go to Options - Bluetooth - Highlight the Device you are receiving from, press the menu button and select device properties - Next to trusted select yes and save changes.

Now go back and try again. Should work. It did for me.
    12-23-08 10:47 AM
    Guys, you need to open the media app on your Bold and select "Recieve Using Bluetooth" you will then see a "File Transfer - Waiting For Connection" screen, now try sending to the phone via bluetooth.

Good luck.
    I had the same problems too! But what is above has always worked for me! NO more problems!
    12-23-08 10:57 AM
    I have 2 Bolds, one for myself and one for my wife. Was able to transfer pictures via BT w/o problem. However, transferring mp3's from one to the other via BT didn't work. Did the whole receive using BT bit on the 'receiving' phone but that failed. Is the 0.185 OS upgrade my only recourse in solving this BT glitch? Our Bolds our 1 week old, default .167 OS. Thanks in advance.
    02-12-09 11:53 PM
    anyone ever figure this out?
    i have the same problem.

I can send files from my bold to my Mac no problem all day long, but when I go to send them from my Mac to the Bold it says the device doesn't support these services for some reason?
    04-16-09 11:06 PM
    like said above, you need to select "recieve file using bluetooth" in order to have the phone prepare to get the file. even if the phone and computer are paired, you have to have the phone in the recieving mode to prepare it for the transfer. i myself couldnt figure this out too until a few days ago.
    04-18-09 05:18 AM
    anyone ever figure this out?
    i have the same problem.

I can send files from my bold to my Mac no problem all day long, but when I go to send them from my Mac to the Bold it says the device doesn't support these services for some reason?
    Funny my problem is just the opposite cn send from mac to bold just not bold to mac
    07-04-09 08:45 AM
    I have the same problem, the thing is I can send pictures and ringtones from my Nokia phone to my BB Bold, but when I try sending an MP3 song, it always says FAILED.

I have paired the devices, I have set the Nokia phone as trusted, I always do the "receive via bluetooth" thing, I have changed the "connect at start" to NO, and basically I've tried everything.

It works fine when transferring small files, but I cannot transfer MP3 songs, Have anyone had problems like this as well and solved it?

Thanks!
    09-21-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD