I currently have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and my hubby just got the Curve 8350. Our problem is when we try to connect them together so I can send him my contacts, it says connection failed over and over. It also asks for a passkey for each device and I've entered 0000 and 12345 but still get connection failed. Am I missing something? Please help, all of my hubby's business contacts are in my phone (we sent them to mine before we deactivated his old phone) and I really don't want to transfer them manually because there are over 300.
    05-06-10 06:56 PM
    Unfortunately, BlackBerry devices lack the Bluetooth capability to send contacts to each other. You can send contacts to some other devices, but not to another BlackBerry. Here's the thread with the results when I tried it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/iss...fer-bb-458110/
    05-06-10 07:33 PM
    well isn't that just fantastic, the nearest Sprint store than can transfer the contacts from the old phone to the new one is an hour and a half away. I thought blackberries were supposed to be "smart phones"...grrr
    05-06-10 07:50 PM
    The bluetooth implementation is sadly lacking. You may have other options, however. You could back up your address book using Desktop Manager, then restore the backup on your husband's phone. He would have his work addresses, plus whatever address you had. It might be simpler for him to delete your addresses than to manually enter his.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD