I'm looking for a app to add to my Storm's home page that simply turns on/off the bluetooth connectivity. I don't want to go digging for it in set up's or preferences or opening my phone app, then drilling down.

I just want an icon. When I press that icon the bluetooth connectivity toggles on or off. Ahhhh...that's the ticket.

[Yeah, I'm trying to save battery life when not in my car where I actually use BT exclusively]

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!
    03-15-10 11:43 PM
    Under manage connections its right there. I use quicklaunch and have it set at the top of my menu two clicks and its done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 11:45 PM
    I use the AppleBerry Glass theme.... from home page if you click on the signal strength meter it opens the manage connections and you can toggle Btooth on/off.

Again just 2 clicks...
    03-16-10 02:15 AM
    Or just upgrade to 5.0.0.419 and click the signal bar

03-16-10 02:42 AM
    Or just upgrade to 5.0.0.419 and click the signal bar

As long as you have 5.0.0.419, this method is super easy, no additional software required and is available directly off the homepage. I have been using Shortcutme prior to this update. Mine is set to "left/right convenience key, bt" to toggle. But you can set it to something like double-click left convenience key if you wanted. I believe Quicklauch, which was previously mentioned, can do the same thing.
    03-16-10 09:12 AM
    The manage connections shortcut works on VZW official release too....you don't need to go to .419

The shortcut works in landscape or portrait.

This shortcut has been in every build since 4.7.0.167 and before that lots of themes were using something similar in portrait.

It is super convenient...also for turning off your network connection if you need to.

just click on the signal strength indicator....if you didn't know that was there you may have missed the shortcut to the clock by clicking the time, and the shortcut to sound profiles by clicking the speaker icon(portrait only).
    03-16-10 03:37 PM
    The manage connections shortcut works on VZW official release too....you don't need to go to .419
    To all those who mentioned clicking on the signal bars...Wow! Thanks!

Also, I will try assigning the side action button(s), too.

Thanks!
    03-17-10 09:58 PM
    I use quicklaunch and have it set at the top of my menu two clicks and its done.
    Too many clicks if you have Quicklaunch.

QL has a Bluetooth Toggle function that you can add to the menu. Click to open QL, click on the menu item, and it does the rest.

Of course, QL seems to be the answer to virtually everything.
    03-19-10 04:42 AM
    Two clicks is too many? Yes QL makes the device a lot more efficient in my opinion.

03-19-10 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD