Berry Addicts,

I am trying to bluetooth my contacts list over from my crappy Palm Centro to my Bold. This is my final try at transferring the contacts over. I had no luck with the desktop manager and palm desktop.

So I have bluetooth enabled on both phones. When I try to send the contacts from my palm to my BB, I get a screen the pops up with a bluetooth logo reading "Enter a numeric passkey for Greg's Palm:" (Greg's Palm is the name of my palm device). On my Palm phone it simply says "unable to send to Greg's Bold."

Does anyone know where to find this passkey or why it is even asking for one? I am stumped.

Thanks,
    Greg
    01-26-09 06:42 AM
    the passkey is usually 0000 unless you changed it somewhere else.
    01-26-09 06:50 AM
    Try entering four zeros...0000 and see if that works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 06:51 AM
    Didn't think that would work (BTing the contacts). Let me know if it does.
    01-26-09 06:53 AM
    Did the four zeros... it says it is unable to pair with "Greg's Palm."

Then it proceeds to to say if you want to pair with another device trying initiating the pairing first.

Greg
    01-26-09 06:56 AM
    Go into Bluetooth first on the BB, search for the palm. when it finds it put in the passkey 0000 on both devices. then go in and see if you can send your contacts
    01-26-09 07:05 AM
    Go into Bluetooth first on the BB, search for the palm. when it finds it put in the passkey 0000 on both devices. then go in and see if you can send your contacts
    It worked this way... however, I don't really know why I cannot send over contacts between the two. My palm shows that it can send contacts through BT. I get an error on the Palm stating that it is unable to send.

Wierd...

Thanks guys. At least the two devices are paired together now.

Greg
    01-26-09 07:12 AM
    I just tried to send a photo over BT and that didn't work either... So I am not ruling out that you can't BT contacts yet...

Greg
    01-26-09 07:14 AM
    When you send a photo, you must go into the media application on the BB, then hit menu > receive using BT before trying to send from the other device. Also make sure that when you go into Bluetooth on the BB, that the palm is listed as having the correct profile to send contacts.
    01-26-09 07:18 AM
    Ok this might be a problem...

I went to "manage connections" to see whether or not everything was turned on. This is what I found:

Check mark - Mobile Network AT&T Check mark
    Check mark - Wi-Fi Altair Troy Check mark
    Check mark - Bluetooth On Dash

I don't have a green check mark on the far right column for BT like I do for the mobile network and wifi. I think that check mark indicates that it is connect only though. So I assume that will only be checked green during a BT transaction? The Bluetooth logo is lit up on my main screen though.
    01-26-09 07:26 AM
    When you send a photo, you must go into the media application on the BB, then hit menu > receive using BT before trying to send from the other device. Also make sure that when you go into Bluetooth on the BB, that the palm is listed as having the correct profile to send contacts.
    Send a photo worked this way over BT... I might begin to ruling out the contact transfer. That sucks. I wonder why this is not allowed?

Greg
    01-26-09 07:34 AM
    This is somewhat different, but I have never been able to pair my T5 to my Blackberry. I could pair them and send pics, but I was not able to send contacts, or do complex stuff like surf over my BB data plan.
    01-26-09 11:49 AM
    What was the process you used for trying to transfer data with both Palm desktop and Desktop manager installed?
    I helped a friend migrate from his Palm Treo to the Bold... let me know I may be able to help.

[email protected]
    01-26-09 11:55 AM
    hey..sorry ehh...i just to ask u regarding my bb storm...vodafone edition..how do i want to turn off the passkey for bluetooth..because it become problem for to connect with some device has no keypad lah...plzz let me know ya..thanx.
    01-20-10 09:57 PM
    Just out of curiosity, couldn't you have the contacs transferred via the SIM? The Trio came from Sprint, yes? Don't they have a little device that copies sim contacts to be transferred to other devices?
    01-22-10 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD