Music from the 9800 to my Ford SYNC via bluetooth media stream is glitching out bad. I'm pretty ticked off right now. It keeps lagging and skipping around. I have no idea why at this point. Of course SYNC respects DRM BS so I only have this laggy skipping bluetooth way of listening to my music on the BB. Lame.
    08-15-10 10:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/98...st-way-514260/

Check that out, i think you might be having the same issue im having. I really hope its just a bug, but it seems like the bluetooth antenna is straight up horrible... this might be a deal breaker for me since i use bluetooth in my car so much for music
    08-16-10 03:44 AM
    I'm starting to think the same. I really love the phone but it's not performing the way it is supposed to in the most important area to me. I've already given my iPod to my fiancee so now I'm stuck with a broken player (BB) or I have to go buy an iPhone. The sound is clear when it works FWIW.
    08-16-10 06:29 AM
    I will say I had no issues streaming from my 9700 to SYNC in a rental car a few weeks ago. I hope there's a fix for you guys soon.
    08-16-10 08:36 AM
    I have the Torch and mine keeps skipping in my Ford after I sync it up. The phone works fine, but the music skips.... I hope they fix this.
    08-17-10 11:10 AM
    Don't got problems with BB 9800's BlueTooth on any other devices. if I had to hazard a guess this is a localized issue with Microsofts Sync (No matter what, Sync is still a Microsoft Product that is worked on by Microsoft, not Ford.)
    08-17-10 11:12 AM
    it works fine with my 8900 curve.... I don't think its the sync system. It's the phone for sure. Hope they can fix the problem
    08-17-10 11:18 AM
    Strange thing for me is that the Torch gives me much better bluetooth range, with my headset, than the Bold 9000 did. Go figure.
    08-17-10 11:20 AM
    when I'm using the bluetooth talking on the phone it's great. It has something to do with the media syncing up. I'm so frustrated. I love love love the phone.. except for that
    08-17-10 11:23 AM
    I gave up FWIW and returned it. If you guys who are waiting for an OS fix could shoot me a PM if it ever gets fixed I'd appreciate it.
    08-17-10 11:28 AM
    I will let you know
    08-17-10 11:30 AM
    I can't even get my torch to sync with my Volkswagen GTI.
    08-17-10 11:39 AM
    Thanks Kimmie.
    08-17-10 11:43 AM
    Epic800..... can you get it to bluetooth for phone and not music or both?
    08-17-10 01:42 PM
    Wow, this sucks. I just got a vehicle with Ford sync. If the BT doesn't stream music, I guess I'll go look for another phone
    08-17-10 01:50 PM
    Let me know if yours works...
    08-17-10 02:21 PM
    This was on the SYNC website. Somebody try it and let us know if it works. I already took mine back.

"I have updated my iPhone to firmware version 1.1.3 and now have problems staying connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth. Is there anything that I can do to reduce the number of Bluetooth disconnects?

Yes, turning off automatic phonebook download (within SYNC) will reduce the number of Bluetooth disconnects."
    08-17-10 03:03 PM
    My Ford Sync isn't disconnecting, it just skips and randomly cuts out the audio. Sounds like 2 different problems.
    08-20-10 04:44 PM
    My Ford Sync isn't disconnecting, it just skips and randomly cuts out the audio. Sounds like 2 different problems.
    Yeah, me too, but it's worth a try.
    08-21-10 08:32 AM
    Same problem here. Version 1.1.3 of Sync software. Torch cuts in and out randomly. Definitely seems to be the Torch because my previous 9700 worked flawlessly. Debating on returning for another Torch to confirm whether it is a defective Torch or not. Hopefully this turns out to be a software fix.
    Last edited by mhonard; 09-02-10 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Clarification. Fix Sync Software version typo
    09-02-10 06:24 PM
    Turn your wifi off. That won't eliminate it but at least greatly reduce it.
    09-02-10 07:57 PM
    Thanks, Yes that did improve it significantly. Does that mean its hardware issue?
    09-07-10 05:20 PM
    It means RIM gave the Torch a processor that can't keep up with the IO.

Turning off wifi cuts down proc cycles in a huge way. Its performance lag you are experiencing.

The Torch 1 is still a subliminal fail, wait for the Torch 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 05:58 PM
    i don't know about the processor being under powered or if its an hardware issue because it can be specific to your phone. I can say that i use my bluetooth audio in my porsche with a dension(add bluetooth phone, audio, ipod and video to your car) porsche kit with no problems. I am able to skip songs, fast forward and all the good stuff without any lag or jumping around...this seems to be a configuration issue between the ford sync and the phone nothing to do with phone mfg or phone hardware since i can vouch for a 100% working sync in my car...i even stream pandora and slacker straight through bt in my car with no issues...
    09-07-10 06:25 PM
    no, it has nothing to do with lag. It's something with the bluetooth/wifi chip on the phone. Something with a software setting on how the bluetooth audio streams. I've had no issues with phone calls on my ford sync system, ONLY streaming music. And as the previous poster said, it works on a porche just fine.
    09-15-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD