When using a Bluetooth connected headset, the Bold handset volume settings seem locked

scenarios:
    1. When speaking on the handset, you can of course amend the handset volume
    2. When using a Bluetooth device, the Bold's volume seems to be set (by os?) at about 50% and you cannot increase it from the handset, only the bluetooth device. I am using Bold os .216 and phone volume settings is not set at "previous" but at 100%

Somehow when using a bluetooth device, it seems to take control of the volume settings and the handset is limited at around 50%... have others come across this and have you got around it?

Thanks....Rob
    01-16-09 05:04 PM
    My Bold and my Curve before that both defaulted to max volume when on a bluetooth device call if I'm not mistaken...
    01-16-09 07:16 PM
    Same here. When I had the Curve and now my Bold, I set the volume to max when I use my BT headset.
    01-16-09 08:48 PM
    I've got three Bluetooth devices configured for use with my Bold.

Tw are earpiece units. One a Motorola H710. The other a Plantronics Voyager 510.

For use in the car I have a Motorola T505 car speakerphone.

For the earpieces, during a call I rarely turn the volume to maximum. Both earpieces are very loud. Each has it's on earpiece buttons set to max volume. During a call, the Bold is almost never set to more than 2/3 gain setting. Anything more and the earpieces are simply too loud!

In the car, the Motorola T505 is plenty loud and when it is used with it's on board FM repeater, the audio is routed to the car FM stereo system, and it is the FM stereo's volume control (via the steering wheel controls) that I use to regulate the call's audio volume. In this configuration, it can be turned up really loud!!
    01-16-09 09:52 PM
    Rob,
    Did you ever solve the 50% bluetooth volume issues you were having a year ago?? I'm having the same prob.
    Cheers
    Waz
    12-17-09 05:08 PM
    I have my Bold 9000 connected to Sync. The volume on the Bold when in a call on Sync is about 25% and can not be increased on the device. While I can use the stereo controls to get the volume up, this increases the system volume for Sync at the same time. The next time the phone rings, I nearly wreck from the volume. I'd like to figure out how to raise the volume on the phone while connected so I don't have to crank Sync up so loud.
    02-10-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD