Can I use a bluetooth keyboard with my Bold 9700? I assume so, but I don't want to shell money for one of these ThinkGeek :: Bluetooth Laser Virtual Keyboard unless I'm fairly certain it will work.

If so, what profile must the keyboard support?

To pre-empt the question: it's to edit large documents and presentations with Documents to Go, or for writing lengthy emails. I know my Bold has a built-in keyboard
    01-07-10 12:21 PM
    theres no guarantees that that keyboard will work with the bold you would probably be the first to test it. Personally speaking I wouldn't risk it
    01-07-10 01:01 PM
    Thanks for your reply, noaim.

I was wondering, overall, if the Bold 9700 supported bluetooth keyboards at all?
    01-07-10 03:16 PM
    I had the old Freedom Universal Bluetooth keyboard which worked just fine prior to OS 5.0. I just purchased the new Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboard for my 9700 and it works flawlessly. With an coupon I found online I ended up shelling out $75 for it but it was worth it to have the nice big keyboard for exactly the same reasons you want one.
    01-07-10 05:31 PM

To pre-empt the question: it's to edit large documents and presentations with Documents to Go, or for writing lengthy emails. I know my Bold has a built-in keyboard
    Wouldn't that all be best done on a Desktop or Notebook computer?
    01-07-10 05:33 PM
    Wouldn't that all be best done on a Desktop or Notebook computer?
    Yes, which is why I have both. However, the same can be said for nearly every single function of the Blackberry… It's an inferior email client, inferior phone, inferior news reader and inferior web browsing platform, but we still love it.

I travel a lot, and stowing a foldaway keyboard (or matchbook-size laser keyboard, see link above) in my pocket or carry-on bag is trivial. Hauling along my 20" notebook with all related charging paraphernalia is not.
    01-07-10 06:27 PM
    I had the old Freedom Universal Bluetooth keyboard which worked just fine prior to OS 5.0. I just purchased the new Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboard for my 9700 and it works flawlessly. With an coupon I found online I ended up shelling out $75 for it but it was worth it to have the nice big keyboard for exactly the same reasons you want one.
    Thanks for your reply, vlarsen. I had one very similar for my old Palm pilots and used it extensively in my undergraduate for note-taking. I was hoping something like this would appear for Berries.
    01-07-10 06:29 PM
    Could you link us to where you found it for that price? I have been looking and can't seem to find it.
    Thanks
    02-17-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD