I recently bought a range rover hse, and everytime i enter the car it asks me for my passkey. Why is the 9700 not storing it?

running v.5.0.0.743 on rogers.

bluetooth options are as follows:

truseted: Yes
    Encryption: Disabled
    echo control : Automatic

Anyone know why? Help would be appreciated
    06-28-10 02:58 PM
    I'm running .714 so it may be different somehow, but for my car's handsfree system I have the following settings:

Trusted: Yes
    Encryption: Enabled
    echo control : Automatic

Perhaps since the encryption in your settings is disabled it is not remembering?
    06-28-10 04:25 PM
    thx for the reply...same car and device?
    06-28-10 04:49 PM
    Same device (9700), different vehicle (Infiniti) but I think that most handsfree systems operate similarly with trusted connections, therefore encryption enabled with passkey.

I have also connected to the handsfree in my wife's Subaru and there the 9700's settings are the same (Yes, Enabled, Automatic), that's why I was asking about the encryption.
    06-28-10 05:47 PM
    Thx I'll give it a shot. I think it might be an issue though with the 9700's and land rover according to the land rover website
    06-28-10 06:02 PM
    Might seem like a stupid question, but is there a check box for "don't ask me this again"?
    06-28-10 06:48 PM
    Might seem like a stupid question, but is there a check box for "don't ask me this again"?
    Not a stupid question at all. I even deleted the device and re paired it to see if I selected the option or not. Tried the phone in another car and it worked. Must be a conflict with the BT of my car. Sux.
    06-28-10 07:10 PM
    Hey,

Just wondering if this ever got resolved? I have taken my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged to the dealer and they spent several hours and could not figure this out. So now they want to replace the blue-tooth module for $1150, so i just want to find out if replacing the module will fix the problem.

Any feed back would be really appreciated.

Thank you,
    11-18-10 03:10 PM
    I have taken my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged to the dealer and they spent several hours and could not figure this out. So now they want to replace the blue-tooth module for $1150, so i just want to find out if replacing the module will fix the problem
    Talking to a mechanic about replacing a $1150 module is small potatoes. Tell your tale of woe to the showroom salesman. He should be delighted to demonstrate how all your BT pairing problems can be fixed by replacing the whole SUV! And you'll walk out of the showroom knowing whether your phone will pair with a new R/R BT module.
    11-19-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD