Been playing around with my brand new Blackberry Bold 9700 and thought that I would bluetooth stuff ringtones and stuff from my old SE K850i. I managed to pair my 9700 up with my k850i but when I tried to connect, I could see the k850i in my paired devices on my 9700 and when I tried to connect, it kept on failing. I have checked the bluetooth settings to make sure everything was ok. Can anyone help me with this?? Thanks in advance
    06-22-10 07:38 AM
    on your BB, go to media > press the BB menu button > scroll to receive using Bluetooth then try sending them
    06-22-10 07:44 AM
    Bluetooth is slightly different on a BlackBerry compared to other phones.

Forget about trying to pair with the other device first, this will be done during the receive/send process.

You have to request a bluetooth file transfer from within the folder you wish that file to go into.
    For example, if you want to receive a ringtone via bluetooth, go to:-

Media > Ring Tones > (Menu) Receive Using Bluetooth... then follow the instructions.

For pictures, go to Media > Pictures, for music go to Media > Music etc.

Hope this helps
    06-22-10 07:49 AM
    Bluetooth is slightly different on a BlackBerry compared to other phones.

Forget about trying to pair with the other device first, this will be done during the receive/send process.

You have to request a bluetooth file transfer from within the folder you wish that file to go into.
    For example, if you want to receive a ringtone via bluetooth, go to:-

Media > Ring Tones > (Menu) Receive Using Bluetooth... then follow the instructions.

For pictures, go to Media > Pictures, for music go to Media > Music etc.

Hope this helps
    Still keeps on saying "connection to pc failed", I get the same message on my k850i....Help!
    Last edited by bigcol; 06-22-10 at 08:13 AM.
    06-22-10 08:02 AM
    It works like a client server. If doing Rx on the BB, you actually have to be sending (Tx) on the other device. If not it will fail and you can only do one file at a time.

If the devices are properly bonded, they will connect if BT is enabled. Is that part working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 08:44 AM
    It works like a client server. If doing Rx on the BB, you actually have to be sending (Tx) on the other device. If not it will fail and you can only do one file at a time.

If the devices are properly bonded, they will connect if BT is enabled. Is that part working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry about this but can you put it in simpler terms for me, Im new to the world of the Blackberry. Thanks
    06-22-10 08:55 AM
    Still keeps on saying "connection to pc failed", I get the same message on my k850i....Help!
    Set your phone to receive and then initiate your PC to send!
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    Set your phone to receive and then initiate your PC to send!
    How exactly? I mean, Ive gone into the bluetooth settings and options and have made sure all the services are ticked! This what you mean?
    06-22-10 09:10 AM
    "Browse" to Media and select "Menu...choose "Receive Using Bluetooth"
    06-22-10 09:13 AM
    Once you selected "Receive Using Bluetooth"... Send from your PC!
    06-22-10 09:14 AM
    Still the same, "connection to PC failed"
    06-22-10 09:18 AM
    Could it be that when Im asked for a pin code, I just use 0000, do I need to enter the phones pin number?? Could that be it??
    06-22-10 09:21 AM
    Still the same, "connection to PC failed"
    Are there any firewalls active on either your phone of your PC?
    06-22-10 09:21 AM
    Could it be that when Im asked for a pin code, I just use 0000, do I need to enter the phones pin number?? Could that be it??
    I don't think so...there should be some kind of authentication though.
    06-22-10 09:22 AM
    Are there any firewalls active on either your phone of your PC?
    Ive just disabled my firewall and tried again, its till the same
    06-22-10 09:25 AM
    Ive just disabled my firewall and tried again, its till the same
    On the phone?...reboot the phone then!
    06-22-10 09:30 AM
    Bigcol would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has taken the time to help me with this problem. .........................stop the press, I have just tried to bluetooth an MP3 file from my sons samsung u600 and...................it worked first time. The problem must be with my bluetooth dongle on my PC. I dont get it beause I use the dongle a lot or have done with my k850i and its never let me down but Im puzzled to wonder why it wont work on by BB9700. But anyway, thanks for all your help, it has been very much appreciated. No doubt I will be back asking for more help. On the plus side once I have au fait with this stuff, I will, in turn be ablke to help others. Peace out
    06-22-10 09:34 AM
    "bigcol" I had wondered about the PC end of this little problem but I figured that you had that end working..."you-stink!" lol
    06-22-10 09:36 AM
    "bigcol" I had wondered about the PC end of this little problem but I figured that you had that end working..."you-stink!" lol
    I know but Im new and for now, thats my excuse. Right.....moving on.....Apps next....lol
    06-22-10 09:40 AM
    Just a quick one! Will the mp3 be automatically saved to my sd card or will I have to set where the music files are saved to. Thanks.............once again
    06-22-10 09:45 AM
    On my BB...Mp3's are placed within the "Music" directory.
    06-22-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD