I've been trying all day to pair my 8530 to my Acer netbook that runs Windows 7 Starter. I purchased a bluetooth adaptor thinking that it would be so simple, just plug it in and voila, internet. No such luck. I can see my netbook on my BB and I can also see my BB on my netbook but it has an ! on the icon. When I go to troubleshoot it, it says that it is searching for the driver. My adaptor didn't come with any software and when I went to the manufacturer's website to download the driver package, it would not open. I hope someone has some sort of ideas on how I can get this resolved. It's driving me nuts. I went to Win update and got the driver for the bluetooth radio but thats all.
    03-30-10 02:45 PM
    Try this, install Desktop Manager, then try to update the drivers.
    If windows does not find them you're gonna have to download them. You can also try to find them yourself, under RIM.

For the other bluetooth stuff (Remote control, remote music, etc.) you'll to download drivers. I'll try to upload the file if I still have it.
    03-30-10 03:57 PM
    03-30-10 04:31 PM
    Thanks Diegonei....I am working on getting it on my netbook now. I will post to let you know if it works.
    03-31-10 09:45 AM
    Still not working.
    03-31-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD