My car blueooth suddenly stopped working with my Bold 9650. It was working fine the first 2 days I had the BB but suddenly stopped. I deleted the car from my phone (and vice versa) and re-paired them. It says connection was successful but when I try a call it connects to the car and immediatley stops working. Any thoughts here? Thanks
    05-30-10 05:29 AM
    I have the same issue. New 9650 paired fine with BT headset but when I paired it with my car (2006 BMW 3 series) it keeps disconnecting. I got part of one call to carry but it just drops out. Was workoing perfectly with my BB 8830. Anyone have any ideas???
    05-30-10 01:05 PM
    Wow! We synced the phone and car this AM and now it works. I deleted both from each other and re-paired 4 times yesterday and nothing. Today it works. Go figure!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 01:21 PM
    My car blueooth suddenly stopped working with my Bold 9650. It was working fine the first 2 days I had the BB but suddenly stopped. I deleted the car from my phone (and vice versa) and re-paired them. It says connection was successful but when I try a call it connects to the car and immediatley stops working. Any thoughts here? Thanks
    I too have a late model BMW 3 series and have had issues with this since day one and has gotten a little buggier since VZW's recent 5.0 release for my 9630 (I imagine it's the same). I'll be speaking on through the car's bluetooth and it will drop my bluetooth connection (not the call tho).

Attached is the link from BMW but my solution seems to work a little better.

BMW North America

What has worked for me (no clue why) is to constantly select yes to connect each time I start my car despite what BMW says. Also I make sure to do a battery pull once a day. There are good programs that will simulate a battery pull automatically... I like Meterberry.

Good luck and hope this helps.
    05-30-10 01:36 PM
    And yes... if and when there is an issue with the bluetooth dropping you do need to delete the car from the phone and the phone from the car and start the pairing process again. This sometimes leads to another weird issue where I'm unable to delete my phone from my car through I-Drive but that's another story.
    05-30-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD