I have a 2007 Toyota Prius with the bluetooth built into the factory navigation. My 8830 World Edition phone worked perfectly with it. As soon as iI would get in the car, it would connect and it would default all calls through the car.

I just go my new Tour and it will not work with it. I get the Tour to connect to the car and as soon as it connects, the navigation screen in the car goes to the "in a phone call" screen but nothing is happening on my phone. When I make a call on on the phone, it doesn't play through the car and I wind up having to go through the menu on the tour and transfer it to the handset. If i try to make a call using the navigation screen, it looks as if it is working but nothing happens on the phone. I was able to transfer my phone book to the car with no problems. I've tried deleting the phone from the car and vice versa and it keeps reverting back to the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is when I search for a new device and it finds my car, it says it's an auido device? shouldn't that say a hands free device?

Someone please help. It's driving me insane

Thanks in advance
    07-28-09 12:41 PM
    Start by buying an American car, that should fix the problem
    07-28-09 12:45 PM
    I have a 09 Audi A4 and when I search it says audio device as well. After I connect it changes. I had this same problem you are having with the Storm. The problem is that not all car Bluetooth supports every phone. Sometimes the problem is with your carrier. I would contact Toyota and ask. My Tour works with no issues. It just depends on the car.
    07-28-09 12:49 PM
    My beamer is doing something similar. When it pairs with the phone it goes into an active call screen and even ticks off the time and dims the audio on my radio. I can use the phone to place calls but not the car. Then the other bluetooth problem occurs with the volume thing (see above sticky thread).

I haven't seen too many people respond to this problem in other threads. I guess it is somewhat of an isolated problem. I don't have the answer.
    07-28-09 12:49 PM
    rhans...it sounds like we have the exact same problem. there's gotta be away for it to work. my bb 8830 worked perfectly with it...someone please help!!
    07-29-09 12:08 AM
    I have the same problem everyone is describing. The biggest problem is I live in California and we must have a bluetooth. If Verizon can't come out with a fix I will have to return the phone.
    07-29-09 12:52 AM
    cookie i have same problem tell me some solution.
    executive resume writing service
    07-29-09 01:13 AM
    I too have had this problem. One workaround I have found for this is to quickly place a call then end it, this turns off the phone connection and allows for the bluetooth to work normally. Still looking for a permenant fix, also was this happening initially. I know that initially my 08 Camry was working fine then within the last few days it started causing these problems.
    07-29-09 08:14 AM
    metal - that's exactly what happened to mine...it worked fine at first and then in the last couple of days it got messed up...
    07-29-09 09:07 AM
    This is the first Ive heard of his problem.

We should sticky this thread and see if others are having issues with the bluetooth in their cars.
    07-29-09 12:07 PM
    how do you "sticky this thread"???
    07-29-09 08:35 PM
    i have a 2006 Prius and have not had this issue. I did go into the display and delete any other phones i had paired with the Prius. I also went into manage bluetooth options on the phone and turned off all bluetooth profiles except for headset and handsfree. And yes, it should say handsfree..not sure why it is coming up as audio, but turning off the audio profile may help?

I am on my second Tour in 6 days. Returned the first because of poor audio quality while using bluetooth and because of trackball issues. Replacement phone sounds much better on bluetooth and the trackball is working now.
    07-29-09 08:49 PM
    I was actually able to get it working appropriately by removing the battery and restarting the phone.
    07-29-09 08:57 PM
    I'm no stickler for where to post your thread but you might get more responses if you post this issue in the Bluetooth forum on Crackberry instead of the Tour forum (or in addition to).
    07-29-09 09:11 PM
    i pulled my battery and restarted the phone and it's working now. hopefully this fixes it for good and the volume issue gets squared away too.
    thanks everyone for the help
    07-31-09 02:34 PM
    I am also having that same problem. Also, I was trying to delete my bluetooth paired devices, but for some reason I can not delete it. My plan was to delete it and reconnect my tour. I have a ford focus with sync.
    10-28-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD