Ok, here is the senario. I'm talking to dad, using my BB Storm II with Plantronics PRO BT Headset. He is using some Motorola phone with a Plantronics Voyager headset. Both phones are Verizon. Sound cuts in and out on both sides. Souds like: "Hi G_____ w_____ ya do______ ___ ____day?"

No static, just sounds like you are playing with the volume/mute while you talk.

If I turn my headset off, we both sound fine.
    Turn mine back on, he turns his off, we both sound fine.
    Both headsets back on, sounds like crap.

Doesn't seem to matter what time of day/week/month we are talking, or whether we are driving/sitting/walking/whatever. The only consistant thing is that we cannot both be on bluetooth headset at the same time. Oh, I might mention this also happened with his old Motorola headset, but I don't know what kind it was.

I have this same issue with other people as well, variety of phones, variety of headsets, although most are Plantronics headsets, and have discovered others complaining about similar issues.

The issue does NOT exist 100% of the time. With some people it is about 90% of the time (especially my dad), but with others, it is only 20%-30% of the time.

What in the world might be causing this?

Thanks,
    --IG
    11-22-10 02:40 PM
    Wow... no replies? 98 views and no replies?
    Ok, how about, "If you have a similar problem, please reply."
    11-29-10 10:18 AM
    I haven't had a similar problem with bluetooth, but unless you guys are sitting right beside each other (i assume you're not lol) then my bet would be something with the noise cancelling in one or both of your headsets. I have the same experience when on speakerphone with someone (and i'm on my headset) where it cuts in and out and thats because the Blackberry is cutting out the "background" noise in the most rudimentary way possible, which is to just cut the volume.
    12-15-10 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD