This has happened to be 3 or 4 times. I have a blueant v1 headset, which I keep in my purse. When turned off (held down the button until it was red and flashed), it has magically woken up and hijacked a phone call I was on. Suddenly I can't hear the person I'm speaking to but the call is still connected. After the first time I figured out the bluetooth hijacked it and I just continued my call with my headset.

Any ideas why this would happen? I'm pretty sure I've turned it off. I wasn't moving around where the headset would bump against anything in my purse to turn it back on. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Maybe I'm just nuts.
    02-03-09 03:21 PM
    Interesting... but no helpful thoughts on the matter... Sorry.
    02-11-09 11:53 AM
    You should see if you can replicate the scenario with the headset being out of your purse.

Also, see if that headset has that as a feature.
    02-12-09 06:28 AM
    This won't stop it but might cut it down

I changed my phones name to Virus Detected

so when someone tries to hijack my signal...they see Virus Detected and shut down the hijack attempt real quick
    02-12-09 07:11 AM

so when someone tries to hijack my signal...they see Virus Detected and shut down the hijack attempt real quick

Keep it mind that this is not really bluejacking (by a third party, at least); OP has her headset pairing with her own phone inexplicably when headset is off.

At least, that is how I understood it...
    02-12-09 07:46 AM
    humble apologies

Misread the script

thank you for your patience
    02-12-09 01:35 PM
    Keep it mind that this is not really bluejacking (by a third party, at least); OP has her headset pairing with her own phone inexplicably when headset is off.

At least, that is how I understood it...

You're correct, but the "Virus Detected" is a really good and funny idea!

It hasn't happened in a while now, so I have to assume that something in my purse must have bumped the headset on accidentally and when it found the connection it hijacked my call. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. *shrug*

Oh well, I thank you all for your input
    02-12-09 04:30 PM
    Goto bluetooth options, there's a bunch of ways to get there if you don't know how
    1. Homescreen > options > bluetooth > menubutton > enable bluetooth > menubutton > options > connect on powerup. Change to "No"
    2. Homescreen > manage connections > bluetooth options > menubutton > enable bluetooth > menubutton > options > connect on powerup. Change to "No"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 12:27 AM

How would one do this???
    02-15-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD