I tried searching for this issue, but results are flooded with other issues of just getting a headset connected.

Has anyone else had a problem with a paired headset randomly connecting/cutting on for no apparent reason? I have a blackberry Tour paired with a Plantronics Voyager 520. Every now and then the headset will randomly make the "Connected" noise like I just answered a call (though nothing will be going on). I also for a while had an issue where the headset would make the same noise as soon as I cut the phone on, and would just stay connected (I could hear static in the headset as if I were on a call, when I'm sure I wasn't). I'd have to make and end a call to get the headset to switch off. A battery pull would fix that problem temporarily, but it eventually resurfaced again.

As a side-note, I also have a wierd issue where plugging in anything in the headphone jack often initializes the voice-command prompt, which is highly annoying. This only started after getting a refurb'd replacement. I imagine that's just a physical glitch I'll have to deal with until I can get another replacement, but I thought I'd mention it.
    06-15-11 10:31 AM
    My wife had something similar happen with her Plantronics BT (don't know the specific model) and an LG phone. We had paired the phone and the Plantronics headset wouldn't "let go", we had to reboot the phone to to be able to use the built in mic/speaker. Maybe it is a Plantronics thing.

I had a wired headset activate the voice dial prompt on my Bold once, but that only happened one time with one headset, so I can't add more than that.
    06-15-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD