Hey everyone, I bought a bluetooth headset and little did I know it didn't play music so I need to upgrade. I don't want to have to cut off my leg to pay for one. Does anyone have suggestions?? Headsets that let you play music but are cost efficient?

Also...thinking about buying one on EBay...good idea or not?

Thanks!
    Last edited by flchick75; 08-15-08 at 04:21 PM.
    08-15-08 04:18 PM
    I really like the motorola H700. The fit is really nice and very comfortable. I got mine about a year ago off Ebay. It was listed in most stores for $150 and I had it shipped to my door for about $65. I bid on it on the US Ebay not the Canadian Ebay. I live in Surrey which is about 2 hours north of Seattle. It was delivered quite quickly.

Works great with my Curve.
    08-15-08 04:49 PM
    hands down a jawbone
    08-15-08 05:09 PM
    thanks guys, raiders does this headset let you play music
    08-15-08 05:31 PM
    I have the Moto S9 just to listen to my music on the Bold and its damn good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 05:38 PM
    Yes, I second that with the H700... They are very comfortable around the ear, and the life of it is good for the day. Also very clear sound quality.
    08-15-08 05:52 PM
    Plantronics 925 is my vote. Awesome sound.
    08-15-08 05:55 PM
    I use the Motorola H9, and it's great. I have also used the Motorola stereo bluetooth headphones. The Motorola S9 is also good.
    08-15-08 06:16 PM
    My vote goes to the Jawbone 2!

Charlie
    08-15-08 06:55 PM
    flchick, Make sure that A2DP is in the specifications for the bluetooth you get. This allows for music to be streamed.
    08-15-08 07:03 PM
    flchick, Make sure that A2DP is in the specifications for the bluetooth you get. This allows for music to be streamed.
    Thanks thats what I needed to know!

I think that jawbone is too expensive for me!! I may check out the Motorola 700 though.
    08-15-08 07:07 PM
    I never got an earpiece for my 8310 so I not familiar with models. Actually, i been looking for just a music gateway with a fm transmitter for the car but the ones that are good are well over $80. I don't care about taking calls while driving I would rather not.
    08-15-08 07:33 PM
    Plantronics 925 is my vote. Awesome sound.
    The Plantronics Discovery 925 is awesome. It comes in pink and gold as well...
    08-15-08 07:35 PM
    I just brought the Jabra 8040 which allows you to stream music from bestbuy for about $50 bucks yesterday. They didn't have it listed on their website I just happen to be @ the store needing another bt.

08-16-08 05:37 AM
    thanks guys, raiders does this headset let you play music
    Actually flchick75 I don't know. I don't have any loaded music on my Curve. I'm still new to the BB thing. I have only had mine a few months. Between an MP3 player in my car and condo I listen to enough. But now that you mention it I'll try and download some music to my Curve. See how it plays and see how the H700 does.

One thing I can recommend is to go to a store that sells these devices and try a few on. Because what feels good to me may not feel good to you or vice versa (no pun inteded here. lol). Before I purchased my earpiece I went to a local store and tried some on to see how I would like the fit. I really like the fact the H700 is an active flip. Anyways......let me know how it works out.
    08-16-08 11:36 AM
    I just brought the Jabra 8040 which allows you to stream music from bestbuy for about $50 bucks yesterday. They didn't have it listed on their website I just happen to be @ the store needing another bt.

great thanks, i'll check that out! 50 bucks is do-able
    08-16-08 12:34 PM
    My vote goes to the Jawbone 2!

Charlie
    the jawbone 2 is good but i think she is looking for something that will be in stereo.
    Last edited by jerry12; 08-16-08 at 10:24 PM.
    08-16-08 03:22 PM
    Not always. I've got the Jawbone 2, which is definitely A2DP compatible, but you still can't stream music through it. When you pair it with your Berry it registers as a hands-free device only. Music will continue to come from the speaker on your Berry. Maybe there's a way to change this, but if so, I haven't been able to figure it out.

I bought the Planktronics P590 last week and I absolutely love it. The sound is amazing. Battery life is long enough to outlast my Curve. Phone sound quality is adequate for quick calls. Price was $71 from Amazon, including shipping. My only problem with it is....what do I do with my Jawbone now? lol
    08-18-08 11:33 AM
    hey flchick I picked up a jawbone for $66 brand new on Ebay...def worth it if your gonna spend close to $50 anyway...I think its far superior to other bluetooth sets honestly. Everyone always hears me perfectly so its def worth the extra money
    08-18-08 11:37 AM
    in my experience the jawbone is only good if you have a fat face or if you can find a way to make it stay touching your face, it's the only way that the sound cancelling and all that works...there's a little white rubber nub on the microphone that has to be in contact with your face and i couldn't seem to get it to stay on mine and i'm not exactly supermodel thin, but that's just my 2 cents
    08-18-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD