I recently purchased a '07 BMW 328i. My Storm2 pairs with the car, but then repeatedly connects and disconnects with it. I went to the BMW website and downloaded and followed their instructions, but still no success. I saw a thread here that suggests a clean swipe of the phone and reinstall of its software should do the trick. I'm not confident in the engineers at either BMW or RIM, so I'd like to see if any Storm2 users successfully use the BMW bluetooth function..
    09-14-10 06:34 PM
    I don't know about the Storm 2, but my Storm always paired perfectly with my '07 328. It's about the only thing that did work well on the Storm. I followed the BMW manual and had no trouble.
    09-14-10 08:41 PM
    I have an '08 BMW 328i and my Storm2 has always paired flawlessly with the Bluetooth capability in it.
    09-14-10 09:52 PM
    I recently purchased a '07 BMW 328i. My Storm2 pairs with the car, but then repeatedly connects and disconnects with it. I went to the BMW website and downloaded and followed their instructions, but still no success. I saw a thread here that suggests a clean swipe of the phone and reinstall of its software should do the trick. I'm not confident in the engineers at either BMW or RIM, so I'd like to see if any Storm2 users successfully use the BMW bluetooth function..
    there is setting in the phone that you need to change. After you pair your phone, go back into "options" on your phone, then select the paired device (it should show up as BMW xxx), a menu will pop up once you click on the device, select "device properties" from that menu. When you're in the device properties menu make sure you have "yes" selected where it says "Trusted".
    09-15-10 12:56 PM
    Have an 08 335xi and no problems using bluetooth and my S2
    09-16-10 04:10 PM
    I have an 07 530xi.... My S2 pairs to the car... but usually takes about a minute to become functional. It's a real PITA when I am on a call and start the car and have to rush to change the phone back to handset because the car has taken the call over in BT and the audio has gone into digital limbo.

I've tried unchecking "transfer contacts" in the BT options, but that hasn't improved the connection time.

I'm waiting for an update to the iDrive system, hope one comes soon!!
    09-17-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD