I am having an issue with my blue tooth ear piece randomly disconnecting for no apparent reason. This is not a distance problem as just today the phone was on my desk right in front of me and suddenly the screen notified me that the connection had failed, even though it was working. This is happening on a frequent basis. I asked a friend-co-worker and he is having the same issue. We use 2 different ear pieces, so I cannot say that the issue is tied to the ear piece. It is not the world's biggest problem, but it quite annoying as I am constantly on my phone all day at work.

Anyone else have the issue or a solution?
    09-02-10 07:05 PM
    i have my torch connected to my Motorola HS850 which is a 2 yr old bluetooth headset and i'm not having any connection problem..
    can you try to unpair and pair them again?
    what's your encryption status? strong stronger or strongest?
    not that it should matter.. but you can give it a try
    09-02-10 11:19 PM
    Recommend trying the above. I have an Moto HS15 BT earbud which has noise reduction and have not had any issues. I like the fact that the boom mike flips closed saving the battery on the earbud.
    09-03-10 08:25 AM
    This is a problem with a few of my bluetooth devices. After several minutes the connection becomes very unstable and sometimes drops (my car "unpairs" every 5-10 minutes) and I have to reconnect. This is similar to the issue the Ford Sync users are having.

The solution that has worked for me is to turn off WiFi when I'm using bluetooth. The problem goes away completely. On another thread someone mentioned that it may be tied to the Wifi and bluetooth modules being on the same chip - though I can't vouch for that.
    09-03-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD