I was always able to tether my 9630 via bluetooth to my vista box now I am unable to do the same with my newly purchased Dell Windows 7 box. I believe I have all the settings correct, when I go to dial out (#777 [Sprint]) The bb connects to the computer via bt and appears to want to connect, then windows tells me it was uable to connect to the remote computer and that I should ping the remote computer to make sure the settings are correct and try again.

I have been going nuts trying to figure this out. Any ideas?
    10-23-09 08:06 AM
    Anyone else have a definite fix??
    12-28-09 05:24 PM
    I have windows 7 and have been able to tether to the bb. I didn't supply a phone number. It just seems to work. I can't say the same for the windows XP boxes that I have. Any help there would be great. (I'm on verizon)
    05-04-10 09:17 AM
    I have windows 7 and have been able to tether to the bb. I didn't supply a phone number. It just seems to work. I can't say the same for the windows XP boxes that I have. Any help there would be great. (I'm on verizon)
    I'm amazed I haven't heard more of this. Windows 7 seems to have a native tethering capability. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Skype or other always-on connections (AFAIK, I'm not a networking expert). But standard web browsing works without Desktop Manager and with any tethering app other than the native bluetooth support of Windows 7.
    01-17-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD