I have a generic Bluetooth dongle that I got awhile ago off ebay. I can pair it with my 9700, and get it started in BB Desktop, but after about 15 seconds it disconnects. It does this everytime I try to use it.

I'd really like to use Bluetooth to sync my 9700, but obviously this particular dongle isn't compatible. I have seen posts stating that not all Bluetooth work with BB, but I can't find links to specific brands that do work.

If you are using a dongle with your 9700, which one are you using? I'd rather not have to keep buying dongles only to discover they don't work with the 9700. Also, are you using Vista, Win 7, Mac?

Thanks.
    12-02-09 08:48 AM
    Bump.

No one has tried to use Bluetooth to sync their phone with their computer yet?
    12-02-09 01:01 PM
    i tried this back when i had my old laptop and could never get the bluetooth dongles to work how i wanted, the laptop that i have now that ive had for 2 years has bluetooth and it works great
    12-02-09 01:02 PM
    i tried this back when i had my old laptop and could never get the bluetooth dongles to work how i wanted, the laptop that i have now that ive had for 2 years has bluetooth and it works great
    Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have built in BT.
    12-02-09 05:03 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-02-09 06:05 PM
    Believe it or not I have this expensive laptop with BT and it doesn't work for crap. Bought a HP mini 2140 with 2g of ram. The bluetooth conection to DTM is great. Bought the HP mini to use for tethering to my 9700 when I travel. Man it works great. It's fast as heck.

People complain about such kminor things about their 9700's. I use mine and am very happy with it.

12-02-09 06:09 PM
    yeah I can never seem to get the BT dongle to work
    12-02-09 06:15 PM
    I'm struggling with this on my wife's notebook with her curve. It was working great then she lost the phone and I've never been able to get it working with the new phone. I just bought a new dongle off ebay and thought I'd give it a shot. Haven't got it yet but if it works I'll post an update.

My 9700 is my work device and has OTA sync so I haven't had to mess with that on my BB.
    12-02-09 06:54 PM
    I just got an Asus USB BT21 dongle online for $15. It uses Broadcom's chip, and has built in A2DP for Stereo Audio. After reading a few different postings I downloaded Broadcom's installation software rather than using the disk that came with it. The instructions are to plug in the dongle, but rather than letting Windows (XP Pro) try to find a driver, hit Cancel and instead run the downloaded installation routine from Broadcom.

Well, it works GREAT! I can now sync via Bluetooth and can also stream my 9700's music to my PC's speakers. I Love It!
    02-17-10 04:48 PM
    I'm looking for a dongle that works w/ my windows 7 netbook. So it has to be plug and play. I also want the tiny rectangular one that barely shows.

Can anyone tell me where to find that?
    03-15-10 04:20 PM
    My brother in law uses the rocketfish dongle from best buy works great and easy to install. He has the 9700 as well.
    03-15-10 04:53 PM
    I'm looking for a dongle that works w/ my windows 7 netbook. So it has to be plug and play. I also want the tiny rectangular one that barely shows.

Can anyone tell me where to find that?
    The Kensington micro is the right size but I don't know if it will work with your netbook. The netbook does not include BT?? I have it working with my Vista Home Premium.
    03-15-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD