Ever since upgrading from OS 4.7 to 5.0 I've noticed a problem with Bluetooth. I only have one Bluetooth device (my handsfree unit in the car) and several times a week it won't pair with my phone because Bluetooth has been disabled on the phone.

I have changed nothing...the handsfree unit is configured as a trusted device, and most of the time it works fine, but just those few times a week I get "phone not found". Oddly, when this happens I have to do more than just click on connections and check the box for Bluetooth that has been disabled. I have to go through the search process...find the handsfree device, and then it sets itself up. I don't have to pair it again, but still it's a PITA as it used to work just fine.

This is a definitely a problem with the Tour going from Bluetooth enabled to disabled on its own.
    04-08-10 08:48 PM
    Have you tried a batt pull since upgrading to 5.0?
    04-08-10 09:12 PM
    my storm 2 does the same thing i am running sacktel's ver. with my hands free unit the rim speaker
    04-08-10 09:18 PM
    Have you tried a batt pull since upgrading to 5.0?
    Done several battery pulls...still a problem. Oddly, this never happened once since I got my Tour (when it first came out), plus it's an intermittent problem. Sometimes I get in the car in the morning and it works fine, then another time I'll leave the car for five minutes and come back and Bluetooth is disabled on the phone. I just know it's the phone...not the Bluetooth device.
    04-09-10 05:55 AM
    My Bluetooth diables itself too after the Verizon 5.0 upgrade. It's very random, and now each morning when my phone turns itself back on, I have to go into "Manage Connections" and see if it's on. If it's not, I have to turn it on, which sometimes requires several attempts. What a pain! It's set to turn on by itself, but that often doesn't happen. Thanks for the stellar OS update, Verizon! Ugh!
    04-09-10 05:58 AM
    My Bluetooth diables itself too after the Verizon 5.0 upgrade. It's very random, and now each morning when my phone turns itself back on, I have to go into "Manage Connections" and see if it's on. If it's not, I have to turn it on, which sometimes requires several attempts. What a pain! It's set to turn on by itself, but that often doesn't happen. Thanks for the stellar OS update, Verizon! Ugh!
    This is EXACTLY what happens with mine, including the need to keep trying to check the Bluetooth box several times before it actually is enabled.
    04-09-10 06:08 AM
    Add me to the group of people with this BT problem. As others have said, it's intermittent and it can be a PIA to get BT enabled again.

I'm having the same problem when I try to use the camera. Sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes and shuts down, and other times I get an error message about having to close other running programs (even when there are no other running programs except for Home Screen, Browser, Phone, and Messages).

Truthfully, none of the 5.0 OSs are what I consider good---and a couple are barely acceptable. I'm a very long-time BB user, but if RIM can't even put out a working OS anymore, I will be moving on when I need a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 08:56 AM
    Add me to the group of people with this BT problem. As others have said, it's intermittent and it can be a PIA to get BT enabled again.

I'm having the same problem when I try to use the camera. Sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes and shuts down, and other times I get an error message about having to close other running programs (even when there are no other running programs except for Home Screen, Browser, Phone, and Messages).

Truthfully, none of the 5.0 OSs are what I consider good---and a couple are barely acceptable. I'm a very long-time BB user, but if RIM can't even put out a working OS anymore, I will be moving on when I need a new phone.

Agree! When Verizon gets the Nexus One (hopefully very soon) I'll be taking a hard look at it as everything I do now is Google, and Gmail lacks so many featurs on the BB.
    04-09-10 09:42 AM
    my bluetooth on does the same but reinstalled sprint version and so far so good i have sprint phone
    04-09-10 06:21 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 591 bug. I am seeing it too and I didn't see anything wrong under

04-09-10 06:56 PM
    This same stuff happened to me so i downgraded....except now bluetooth doesnt work at all! it enables, but won't pair or find any of my bluetooth devices.
    04-16-10 12:57 PM
    I'm having the same problem...
    It takes numerous attempts to get bluetooth to stay on... not only that, bluetooth doesn't work anymore in my car. It says it's connected when I'm on a phone call but I can't hear anything and whoever is on the line can't hear me!
    We need to get these bugs fixed ASAP
    04-17-10 11:45 PM
    me too and also the sound was horrible. I have the jawbone icon and that is an expenisve little BT I downgraded to the 4.7 because I really hate this 5.0 OS
    not working for me and if I am to continue being a happy BB user, I had to downgrade. I hope they can fix the issues because it really is a horrible OS

call Verizon email them complain the more people who complain the better for them to get it fixed
    04-18-10 12:13 AM
    Happens to me all the time.
    04-18-10 02:03 AM
    well they have a patch to fix it but I still don't like the 5.0 since going back to the 4.7 no issues.
    04-20-10 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD