I have a new gateway laptop and bluetooth installed, but the only bluetooth is for "audio and headsets", not a pda or phone!...I did not know this...so if you pair with a headset you are fine..but if you try to add your blackberry...it adds it as a "headset" and the drivers are wrong...so your pc does not see a PDA device but only a headset....
    Solution: I found is to buy a new 2.0 bluetooth usb (USB 2.4GHZ Bluetooth v2.0 Dongle Adapter), plug it in to a usb port, and it recognizes the device (as a phone/pda) and all is well....rember that bluetooth installed may only be for audio and not a pda!!!
    I wonder if you can somehow "fix"the settings for the driver and tell the pc that it is a phone not a headset...any ideas out there??????
    04-05-08 09:11 PM
    Can you do a search for Bluetooth devices from your PC? If so, it should be able to see the BB and know what type of device it is.

Of course, you'll need to go to the Bluetooth settings on your berry and change the settings to allow it to be discovered.
    04-05-08 09:39 PM
    You have to go into Advanced Options (I think it is there) and in bluetooth options enable your blackberry to be "discoverable". As a security measure, it is off by default.

Once you have paired a device, you can turn it back off.
    04-05-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD