For starters I upgraded from Storm 1 to the 9650 and love the phone. I had the 9650 connected to my 2010 Tundra via bluetooth no issues for the first 2 hours. Now my car bluetooth wont recognize my commands, (ie "dial by Name" ) it keeps saying pardon? I can dial out and get hands free but only with the phone keypad. When a call comes in it does not ring over the car speakers like it used to. The moment I answer the phone the hands free picks it up. If I power the phone off, the car system recognizes every command. I have deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone and re-paired the two, same issues. I tried that twice. Any suggestions? As a note the Storm was connected for months, no problem.
    06-07-10 07:29 AM
    MY NEW 9650 CONNECTS TO MY BLUETOOTH THEN DISCONNECTS BY ITSELF!! SO FRUSTRATING! i just ordered a new phone i hope it was just a bad phone. i wish everytime bb released a new phone they tested them properly. i had the same issue when i bought one of the first 9630 bbs. on that one it was the trackball! oh well, i hope that the new phone dont have that problem. thank goodness for smrtguard for the ease bb swap!
    ***SOLVED***
    I WENT INTO THE OPTIONS SCREEN AND ENABLED MY BLUETOOTH TO "DISCOVERALBE" IT WAS SET TO OFF BY THE FACTORY. THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM. IT NOW WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!
    Last edited by vinnyel33; 06-14-10 at 02:14 PM.
    06-08-10 11:56 AM
    just synced up with my radio this morning, no problems. try deleting the profile on your car and phone and start fresh. "should" help.
    06-08-10 12:02 PM
    After multiple battery pulls and deleting each other from each other(if that makes sense) and starting from scratch it works. However, people complain that I sound much worse, muffled, in a hole than I did with the Storm on the same system. Also, it has just ended calls with no reason. It does continue to stay connected and it recognizes my commands so I guess I will live it for now. Thanks
    06-08-10 12:17 PM
    mine was doing the same thing. my bt works fine on my 8330 curve and my gf's palm pixi but the bold sounds terrible, like i'm in a barrell and it keeps dropping calls. called vzw and spent almost 2 hours on the phone. finally did a security wipe and fubared the phone so they're sending a new one out. if that doesn't fix it i gotta figure out where to go from here. i love my bold but if i can't make clear calls with it it's pretty much gotta go. any ideas?
    06-08-10 12:36 PM
    just got through reading about a lot of the bluetooth problems with the tour. sounds like we have the same problem with the bold. it appears to be unresolved with the tour so i would guess there may not be an easy fix. i'm keeping my fingers crossed because otherwise i love the phone.
    06-08-10 03:34 PM
    Going from a Pearl to a Storm to the Bold 9650, I absolutely love this phone but I need the bluetooth to work and sound somewhat clear. I hope someone is "working on it".
    06-09-10 10:11 AM
    my new phone won't be here till thursday. try disabling tty and removing the sim card and setting the phone to 1x instead of global. not sure if any of this will help. you can also try disabling the echo control in the bluetooth menu. these are tips i've picked up going through the forums for the tour and other places online. i haven't tried any of these solutions but i will tomorrow afternoon after i get my new bold if it has the same issues the old one did. i may have just gotten a bad phone. i hope this helps.
    06-09-10 11:10 AM
    MY NEW 9650 CONNECTS TO MY BLUETOOTH THEN DISCONNECTS BY ITSELF!! SO FRUSTRATING! i just ordered a new phone i hope it was just a bad phone. i wish everytime bb released a new phone they tested them properly. i had the same issue when i bought one of the first 9630 bbs. on that one it was the trackball! oh well, i hope that the new phone dont have that problem. thank goodness for smrtguard for the ease bb swap!

This is EXACTLY what happens to me!! So frustrating.
    06-09-10 12:15 PM
    Mine also sounds like it is in a barrel, and it's a new blue tooth. I am going to try to synch my old one tonight, but this new one worked great on my old phone (which was not a bb). Booooo. So far only complaint I have though, and is liveable. I'll just synch it through my car which I've read people have no issues with and suffer by holding when grocery shopping, etc.
    06-09-10 02:08 PM
    my problem was in my car. it is a kenwood dnx6960 which is a few months old. i've sync'd several other phones with the kenwood to see if they had the problem and they didn't. went back to my old 8330 while waiting for vzw to send another bold and it's flawless. it's a problem in the bluetooth not in the handsfree sets whether they're in a vehicle or not.
    06-09-10 02:19 PM
    ok got a new phone and no problems at all! looks like the one i got to start with was just a bad phone. this works great and it a thousand times better than the curve!
    06-11-10 05:06 PM
    MY NEW 9650 CONNECTS TO MY BLUETOOTH
    ***SOLVED***
    I WENT INTO THE OPTIONS SCREEN AND ENABLED MY BLUETOOTH TO "DISCOVERALBE" IT WAS SET TO OFF BY THE FACTORY. THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM. IT NOW WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!
    I'm having similar problems So I'll ry making it discoverable and let you know- Thanks
    06-22-10 07:44 PM
    I'm having similar problems So I'll ry making it discoverable and let you know- Thanks
    EXACT same problem with me... Discoverable didn't fix the problem, however. I thought maybe it was the Bluetooth adapter I bought off eBay for my PC, but after swapping that out for a $20 one from BestBuy - no luck. Same problem. Grrrr....

On the flip side, my Tour sync'd up w/ bluetooth beautifully.
    06-23-10 09:14 PM
    Seems to be the phone or somethng else- I still have to turn it off- then turn it on right after I Start the car- as the bars on the car screen say "No Srvc"-

Interesting - my headphones all work as does my external Freedom keyboards

//
    06-26-10 11:35 AM
    I get the paired and not connected on my Droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD