I have a question about a Bluetooth (BT) connection in relation to my BB's battery life. I have a Motorola Bluetooth that has a folding boom/microphone. It is my understanding that once you close the boom, you are actually turning the BT off thus disconnecting the pairing process from the phone. The BT icon still appears on the homepage of my phone. Even though the BT is turned off, is my BB still trying to find/pair with the device thus draining my battery? Does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance for any help....
    11-13-08 10:14 AM
    I remember on my old Razr that I could turn it on temporarily while it had a connection. Then it would cut itself back off. Not sure if that's an option.
    11-13-08 10:20 AM
    your BT is still turned on your phone, and will be visible to any other bt devices that are in range unless you have it set it invisible. You have to turn off connection manually for the icon to disappear from your home screen. I use a similar BT headset and it is nice to be able to just open boom and use headset/phone. Works awesome if you have it set to just auto connect from your phone and you flip boom open. Oh and to answer your question on battery life I always keep my BT on, never shut it off and my battery life is fine. I don't see any difference.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 11-13-08 at 10:34 AM.
    11-13-08 10:31 AM
    My icon still shows up on the home page when I disconnect my bluetooth headset, but there is a little sub-icon that looks like a pair of arrowheads pointing in opposite directions that goes away. I think that sub-icon is the indicator you actually have a live pairing with a device.
    11-13-08 10:34 AM
    By default your phone's LED will flash blue when you're paired via Bluetooth. You can check this and test your folding mic to see if it actually turns off.
    11-13-08 10:37 AM
    My icon still shows up on the home page when I disconnect my bluetooth headset, but there is a little sub-icon that looks like a pair of arrowheads pointing in opposite directions that goes away. I think that sub-icon is the indicator you actually have a live pairing with a device.
    Yes that is the icon showing when you are paired to a device, what ever device is (computer, headset etc.)
    11-13-08 10:46 AM
    By default your phone's LED will flash blue when you're paired via Bluetooth.
    Huh. I'd not noticed that before. Thanks for the info!
    11-13-08 01:30 PM
    Huh. I'd not noticed that before. Thanks for the info!
    ledindicator may be turned off go into setting and turn on if off and it is best to have indicator turned to on. There are some connectivity issues(connect then disconnect, pairing etc.) if turned off.
    11-13-08 02:24 PM
    It's on, I made a point of looking a little while ago (right after reading that post) when I paired them up. It's just the BB has always been in the belt holster when I turn on the headset so I hadn't before noticed the LED flashing blue.
    11-13-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD