Does anyone know what brand and model bluettooth chip is in the Verizon 9630 Tour? My bluetooth has been dead and I have no warranty and its been narrowed dow to a hardware issue instead of a software issue. Im thinking i can buy a new chipset and install it possibly
    06-04-10 01:53 PM
    good luck with that... if you get it done you might want to post pictures for the masses.
    06-04-10 03:59 PM
    Does anyone know what brand and model bluettooth chip is in the Verizon 9630 Tour? My bluetooth has been dead and I have no warranty and its been narrowed dow to a hardware issue instead of a software issue. Im thinking i can buy a new chipset and install it possibly
    now that the 9650 is out i'm sure you can pick up a used 9630 (working bluetooth and all) for next to nothing..
    06-04-10 04:13 PM
    I've looked on ebay and they are still going for over $100...i opened the phone up, but those damn covers over the chips make it annoying to see whats underneathe
    06-07-10 07:39 AM
    now that the 9650 is out i'm sure you can pick up a used 9630 (working bluetooth and all) for next to nothing..
    +1 This may be your best bet!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-07-10 08:58 AM
    Well if your good at taking apart a PC board and soldering look at this video about half way through you will see the board with all the chips on it.

The BlackBerry Tour gets torn apart, reassembled

But really you need to hit the market place here and buy one.
    06-07-10 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD