Hi-
    I have an '06 325ci, and an 8310 BB. I cannot pair my BMW's bluetooth with the BB. It reads as "unable to pair device".
    The guys at my dealership are stumped, and I don't feel like going back to them a second time.
    I used to have a Moto V3 and no bluetooth problems. Any specific instructions I need to be doing in order to connect the two.
    Thanks in advance!

Tori
    02-04-08 07:59 PM
    Hi-
    I have an '06 325ci, and an 8310 BB. I cannot pair my BMW's bluetooth with the BB. It reads as "unable to pair device".
    The guys at my dealership are stumped, and I don't feel like going back to them a second time.
    I used to have a Moto V3 and no bluetooth problems. Any specific instructions I need to be doing in order to connect the two.
    Thanks in advance!

Tori
    BlackBerryies do many things different than Motorolas.

When BlackBerryies access some coding screens, they think they need to use alpha characters, not numbers.

You and the dealer may be THINKING that you are pushing numbers on your BlackBerry keypad when prompted to reply with a set of four digits to pair the phone to the car.

But you may not be.

You may believe you are inputting "1234" when prompted for a number to code your phone, but forgetting to push the "alt" button when you push the number pad actually might tell the car "WERS" (the alpha numbers associated with the "1234" buttons) rather than telling the car "1234." This happens because your BlackBerry thinks you want alpha characters, not numbers.

"WERS" will not work to code the phone to the car. "1234" will.

Try pushing the "alt" button down when typing your bluetooth coding numbers on your phone.

I'd bet this solves your problem.
    02-05-08 04:07 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion.....
    however, I cannot even get to the point of entering my passkey code. I get to the point where the BB reads "audio device found" and then when I select it to pair, it reads unable to pair. I don't even get to enter the passkey at all.

This is driving me crazy- I'm wondering if it's the phone, but I've only had the BB for a week now......

I'm trying another BMW dealership tomorrow and hope they know something!
    02-05-08 08:11 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion.....
    however, I cannot even get to the point of entering my passkey code. I get to the point where the BB reads "audio device found" and then when I select it to pair, it reads unable to pair. I don't even get to enter the passkey at all.

This is driving me crazy- I'm wondering if it's the phone, but I've only had the BB for a week now......

I'm trying another BMW dealership tomorrow and hope they know something!
    Try accessing your BMW Assist and see if that works. Just do a test call by pressing your BMW Assist button. Both Bluetooth and BMW Assist use a common piece of equipment. If your BMW Assist doesn't work, it is likely that your "TCU" (unit that controls Bluetooth and BMW Assist) isn't working.
    02-06-08 05:29 PM
    Thanks again-
    We tried that already at the dealership today, and that's working, so I know it's not the TCU.
    After the dealership couldn't figure it out we came to the conclusion that it could be the BB itself.......So, I stopped into an AT&T store, turns out there's an issue in the BB's Bluetooth, with it not pairing to any device at all.

They replaced my BB with a another new 8310, and I am just now setting this one up, and plan on trying to connect it to the BMW tomorrow- keep your fingers crossed that it works :-)
    02-06-08 07:45 PM
    Bluetooth is now working flawlessly in the car :-)
    02-08-08 10:02 PM
    Bluetooth is now working flawlessly in the car :-)
    Congratulations!
    02-11-08 01:10 AM
    ave a BB 8310 curve and BMW 530d. I have similar problems on pairing my BB with the BMW. I get to the point where it asks for passkey. I have tried all combinations BMW first, then the BB, BB first then the BMW. Even tried the Atl option. It just says unable to connect..My BB has os 4.2... do you think its an os issue. Do i need to upgrade to 4.5? Please help

Thanks!
    10-17-08 07:45 AM
    At least it was the BB. I had similar issues with my Audi. The car is spanking new so I took it into the dealership as well. Luckily they know of connectivity issues with Audi's and it took them 2 hours to get the phone to connect. Luckily I had a dealership and technician who were willing to work with me on this.

RM
    10-22-08 05:14 AM
    I am having same issue with my Honda Accord--was able to pair an LG Rumor with it no problem but can't pair my 8330 curve--wverything is on and set. Also was able to pair the Rumor and Curve, can transfer phone numbers from BB to Rumor but not vice versa...any help?
    11-01-08 06:03 PM
    Having same problem with the Blackberry Bold (9000). Honda system prompts for password then says unable to pair. Have tried using alt several times with the same problem. Had a blackberry curve 8310 working for over a year - no problems. Hope someone figures it out, I really got use to it!
    11-04-08 09:27 AM
    has anyone figured out if there are bluetooth options for this bb and bmw? are dealers able to help?
    02-15-09 08:53 PM
    I just bought a 2006 330xi and found that I couldn't get the bmw to discover the 8310 from the front seat. If I put the 8310 on the back seat when the pairing started, it worked. The 8310 would time out very quickly so it took a little planning to make it work. I also found that the 8310 would drop the connection after a few days of no activity. Not sure if this is your problem but I've done this twice now so it's repeatable. I have read several reports about devices losing connection if they are too close. Some devices are more sensitive than others.
    05-26-09 09:05 PM
    Hi
    I've had similiar issues with a Curve 8320, i've recently had a 2009 VW Passat CC with an inbuilt phone kit, the Curve and the VW recognise each other but will not generate the pass key to pair.
    Orange say it's a security issue with the Bluetooth on the BB, this is set higher than most phones.
    Does anybody know how to lower this security, the only options i have are High & High and Encryption.

My old Nokia works fine with the car and goes in to Remote Sim Access Mode when paired.
    Swapping sim cards over is a pain at the moment.

Cheers
    05-28-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD