So what's the overall hit on battery life in keeping the bluetooth connectivity on all the time? I'm not one of those guys with the earpieces, but I do have the uconnect feature with my Dodge that puts the calls through the speakers (microphone is in the rearview mirror). It is annoying to keep turning the bluetooth on/off all the time as I am in and out of the car.

I know bluetooth does cause the battery to drain a little quicker...but does it really effect it that much that it wouldn't be a problem to keep it on all the time?
    04-03-09 11:25 AM
    Generally, it isn't a constant rate of use. It all depends on variables and circumstances. I doubt you will get a direct quantifiable answer that applies to your situation.
    04-03-09 11:31 AM
    I use my bluetooth with my Ford Sync system, and no, the battery life drain won't be unbelievably bad unless you are on the phone the entire time (as in the bluetooth isn't just idling). It does drain a bit quicker, but the phone still goes to sleep in my holster and I've had no significant issues.
    04-03-09 11:31 AM
    have been using it in my Altima since September (curve and storm) never noticed anything.
    04-03-09 11:35 AM
    My first storm had horrible battery life. I got a new one when it got wet, exchanged it thru Asurion insurance. Now I've got GREAT battery life. Whereas the first Storm would die in my holster in about 6 hours with very little usage, now I get two days of battery life with a full charge. I used to think bluetooth may have been part of the problem, but now I know that it was the PHONE itself.

So my opinion is that bluetooth, just by itself, will not put much of a drain on your battery b/c I have mine turned on the time.
    04-03-09 11:36 AM
    Very good info
    09-09-09 07:20 PM
    I turned my wifes bluetooth on for her acura and never showed her how to turn it off so it's been on the life of the phone and her battery out lasts mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD