View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlueAnt Z9i

41 54.67%
  • Aliph Jawbone 2

34 45.33%
    Thanks Irish452. I also called Blueant tech Support, spoke to a real and very pleasant person who said it was not the same. Seems pretty silly to me but there you go.

DCScott - Amazon is currently selling the z9i with a two week wait. They have always been very fair about returns with me, so you might consider them an option if you can't find it locally.

Blueant Tech Support said their V1 which works on voice recognition and response is due sometime this summer.
    Z9i doesnt work with voice recognition???
    06-16-08 02:38 PM
    So it appears to be a toss up in here. I cant definitivly decide which one I want.

Anyone else have any updated reviews on either or both of these units?
    06-18-08 12:51 PM
    I tried the z9i. The inbound sound doesnt get loud enough in simi-noisy environments imo. Picked up the Jawbone2.. Best BT ever!
    06-18-08 01:54 PM
    Well if the Z9i doesn't have great volume and won't support voice dialing and the JB2 won't stay in my ear, I guess I'm going to have to just stick with my old standby Motorola unit.
    06-18-08 10:49 PM
    The JB II actually fit perfectly out the box. I didn't have to switch out anything to find the right size.

Is it me or does the JB II not have two buttons like it states? Lol. Am I supposed to press it in a certain spot? I never read the instructions so this may be my problem, lol.
    06-18-08 11:45 PM
    I have it and noticed the same issue.
    I am actually returning my JB Is. I realized that I am stupid with my $$$. First reason is due to the static issue. Second is if I wait a little bit, I can get over 50% off accessories. Yet I bought two @ $130 each.
    06-18-08 11:48 PM
    Second is if I wait a little bit, I can get over 50% off accessories.

How you getting 50% off?
    06-19-08 09:53 AM
    For the record, the Z9i DOES work with the BB voice dialing. Also I have the Z9i and am very happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 10:51 PM
    I like the jawbone!!
    06-21-08 10:53 PM
    Anyone use the new Z9i yet?

I just got the new Z9i. The voice isolation is poor, even with Voice Isolation Max turned on. Blueant support is promising a new software revision which can be upgrade via a download.

My recommendation - hold off on buying a Z9i for now.
    06-26-08 07:59 AM
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I posted two MP3s, one with the Jawbone I and one with the Z9i. The jawbone is definitely better at noise cancellation. I tested this in one of our server rooms, so please have your volume adjusted as necessary when listening.

archon.silvertree.org/z9i.mp3
    archon.silvertree.org/jawbone.mp3

Since I can't post URLs yet, please copy and paste the above into your browser.

Cheers!
    09-04-08 04:28 PM
    I love my jawbone II its so sleek and I especially like the no buttons look. But with that comes compromise so yea it does take some getting used to. Once you're familiar with it it wouldn't take long to warm up to it. For something you wear everyday even something that's poorly made you will get accustomed to so there's really no problem with choosing either of these devices. I tend to work in noisier areas so the jawbone was a simple choice.

09-06-08 12:52 AM
    I've gone through them all. I lost my original Z9i so I figured I'd give some others a shot. Recently I've tried:

- Plantronics 520 (heard that was a good one, couldn't get it to fit),
    - The new Jabra (replacement to the JX10. can't remember model number, didn't fit well either)
    - Motorola H12 (Close competitor to the Z9i, couldn't get it to fit right. The range on it is crazy though. Charging Dock, Carrying Case w/ charging, very close competitor.)
    - Jawbone (Fit perfect. Huge)
    - Jawbone II (Fit alright. Just knew I'd break the thing eventually.)

In the long run I ended up with another Z9i. For me the fit is perfect and seems like it's put together pretty solid. The only complaint I really have is the range is no where near 30 ft. But I am usually texting or emailing while talking on the phone anyway.
    09-16-08 01:42 PM
    I have had the original and new Jawbone I have never looked back and love both. I would obviously go with the newer JB as opposed to the older since it is smaller and a lil nice. I have never had a Z9 a buddy of mine did but I couldent tell ya... I do know he liked it.
    09-27-08 05:31 PM
    the jawbone really was better with the noise cancelling on, nice test!
    09-28-08 06:49 PM
    I got the Z9i for my 8330, and notice a major "hissing" sound when in use. Anybody else get that, or could it be the unit? A little static during calls, too. I want to like this thing, the small size is great! I think my Motorola H700 sounded clearer, but I could never get it to stay firmly on my ear.

10-07-08 07:22 AM
    I just bought the blueant V1. Im impressed with the fact that it can be paired with up to 8 devices. I also like that the V1 can can be used by voice contol or by using the buttons. all i had to do was turn it on in pairing mode and i just followed the instuctions of the V1. You can answer a call by voice or by pressing the button. I just started using it today so i can't tell you much about. I can say that so far it is very comfortable and the soud on my end is great. the person i was talking to had no problem hearing me even in the wind. I have not tested it under extreme conditions, but i am looking foward to it. I had a over-the-head bluetooth headset by motor trend. It was comfortable and worked fine but was not very good in wind or noisy areas.
    12-08-08 03:57 PM
    I have hated every single bluetooth headset I have ever owned, except for my Jawbone II. People actually tell me I sound better on it than on my 8330. I can attest to the fact that it's amazing at cutting out noise. I have also tried the "driving with the windows down" test, and with noise cancellation turned on, they only hear me, even at 70mph. I haven't tried the blueant, but, after listening to the mp3's that wschappell posted, it was a no-brainer.

The only weird thing I've seen was today, when someone bought a Jawbone II after my recommendations. When he would talk on it, I heard a lot of static and weird things, and the noise cancellation was turned on. Without ending the call, we swapped phones, and I put on his Jawbone II, and no static, and it worked perfectly. It was fitting him correctly, and the white nub was touching his cheek like it was supposed to... I have no idea why it worked for me and not him.

BTW, for the fit issue that most seem to have with the Jawbone II, I did the jabra ear gel trick. I got mine in this past friday, and the fit is now better than any headset I've had in the past, and like the others, I took off the ear loop, and it has yet to fall out of my ear. Plus, I can hear a lot better on it; even had to turn down the volume cause it was too loud. Highly recommend the jabra ear gel trick.
    12-08-08 05:27 PM
    The z9i is 79.99 w/ free shipping on newegg.com....
    found z9i for $59.99 here BlueAnt Z9i Bluetooth Headset (Black) - MSGDigital
    12-08-08 10:32 PM
    I have a Jawbone 2 which when it is properly sittin on my cheek sounds great. Probably the best you can get. HOWEVER, I have a hard time getting the JB2 to sit correctly on my ear/cheek so half the time, the other side can't hear me. And I have no idea they can't hear me.

So if you're lucky enough to have a great fit, JB2 is the way to go. Otherwise, keep searching like I am now.
    12-10-08 04:20 PM
    JB2 is great but the thing is, that little tab needs to be on your cheek. I work on machines and tech support so I move around alot. I'm rarely standing up straight so it didn't work out too good for me. But as for driving, it was great.

I went with the Z9i and love it too. Just not as good as the JB2.
    12-10-08 09:57 PM
    Just received my new JB II. Charged it up paired easily and thus far love it. Everyone I have talked to said I sounds great, its tearing through the battery on my 8100 but that's just an issue with the phone. I was a little worried about the fit afte reading the reviews that the stock ear piece didn't fit many people but I have been wearing it most of the day with which ever ear piece it had on and no complaints here.

All in all very happy with the purchase .

12-13-08 05:39 PM
    Just got my Jawbone 2 headset yesterday and its a very nice unit...really small and well made but and its a big but....the fit for me isnt all that good. even with the small earbud i have to push it into my ear then after awhile my ear starts to ache...tried the medium but i dont get a good tight fit with it. Also the ear loops arent very good either...im finding that after awhile of use the JB2 becomes loose ie just hangs off my ear.

Other than that i like the headset but not too sure if ill keep it...the sound from it is excellent...Another thing i dont like about it is that its very easy to turn it off ie if i have it in my ear and it comes loose and i push it back into my ear...i find the headset turns itself off lol...seems like the outside of the headset is like a big button.

Shame really, would have been much better if the earbuds were in the in ear type as i find those type of headphones fit my ears much better.
    12-18-08 07:34 AM
    Haven't tried the JB, but have two Z9 headsets. Love them! My daughter used to not talk to me when I was on the road because of road noise. Now she can't even hear it. Volume level is great for me, ear bud assy kinda cheap, though...you'll want to order a few extras.

Z9i can be used with two phones simultaneously, which is good for me so I can use it on both my work on personal devices without disconnecting and reconnecting. Talk time a little bit longer than the original Z9.

And yes, voice-dialing definitely works. I use it all the time.

Charger is not a mini-usb, but you can get a USB/blueant charger and use it on your computer to upgrade firmware.

I can't say which one is better since I have used a JB, so I didn't vote in the poll.
    12-19-08 10:28 PM
    I use a JBII with my Flip. It works well enough, but the sound quality is mediocre at best. The most apt description I can come up with is that it sounds like a telephone when you hold the receiver six inches from your ear. Volume is not the issue - it's plenty loud. My JX-10 that it replaced had MUCH better sound quality.

Fit has always been a problem. I can't find any combination of gel and ear loop that doesn't make my ear sore during extended wear.

The noise cancellation is second to none. I used five different headsets and the JB is by far the best in a noisy environment. BUT... because of the poor sound quality I often have to have the other person repeat what they said. It's a toss-up which is worse... them not hearing me well or me not hearing them well.
    12-30-08 03:36 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD