I've been searching for some time for a BT headset that would work when I have my hearing aids in. Finally settled on the Blue Parrot after seeing all the good comments here. Tried most unsuccessfully to locate one near my home and gave up and ordered it on-line.

Today I made a 350 mile trip with it and found it to be quite comfortable and I really appreciated the volume (nice to have if you drive a diesel pickup). Unfortunately everyone I talked to today complained about the quality of my voice. Most described it as being muffled or cutting in or out.

Has anyone else encountered this with the B250? If not, how far from your mouth do you typically place the mike? I'm thinking I might have had it too close.

Thanks for your thoughts......
    10-06-08 11:29 PM
    I am a trucker, and know 2 or 3 other drivers that use the blue parrot. When I talk to them they sound great. The mike should be about 2 to 3 inches away from mouth, or more. Try it further away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 06:42 AM
    You might just have a bum unit. I demonstrated mine for two of my friends & they both went out & got one. No problems at all from any of the headsets. I keep mine usually no more than 1" away. I position it just under my mouth & twist the mic up a bit so the word "Talk" on the mic is pointing up. Try that & see how it works.

I just edited this after some thought. My daughter wears hearing aids as well. I know she has a huge problem with headsets & I always thought it was because the hearing aid interfered with the headset signal in some way. I always hear a very high pitched sound in the BlueParrott when I just have it over my ear but not in use. Might not be a bad idea to email BlueParrott & ask them about that. If that is the case one nice thing about the Curve & Blueparrott is you can make it really loud. Might be able to take out your hearing aid while talking. Thats what my daughter does.
    Last edited by ElectricBoss; 10-07-08 at 02:31 PM.
    10-07-08 02:16 PM
    Thanks guys. There is sufficient volume that I can use this headset with or without the hearing aids. It's just nice to be able to use it when they are already in. I had the mike about 3/4" from the corner of my mouth. Moved it out to about 2-1/2 and it seems quite a bit better. Thanks again.
    10-09-08 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD