I am getting text messages from someone and I have no idea who it is. They are asking for my girlfriends phone number so i dont know how they got my info and that i have one. I put it on silent but they messages keep coming...they are just about "phone sex" and BS like that and I would like it to stop. I have ignored them and tried everything so I was wondering how i could block them from contacting me. I googled it and i read about going through the provider...is that the best way? Just want these to stop. It is prolly someone messing around but it is very very annoying...thanks
    07-24-08 11:34 PM
    Hmmm. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to block incoming texts from a particular number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:37 PM
    There is a third party app (not free) called something like black/white lists... It allows you to block numbers in a sense. Look into it . I would give a link like I usually do... But I am on wap

07-24-08 11:38 PM
    Call your provider and report the number as harassing. They will know how to deal with it. In the meantime, DEL is your best friend!
    07-24-08 11:38 PM
    Or you could always change your number.
    07-24-08 11:40 PM
    Yeah well i fianally went on google got info about the area code and number and found out they were from Stranton PA (I believe something like straton or whatever) and I said I just got finished reporting them to the police for harrasment and you may want to be prepared for a phone call or visit in straton PA...so they freaked out a little after that and lets hope they stop by morning
    07-24-08 11:40 PM
    by the way thanks for the quick response....i was sleeping when this happened and i would like to get back to doing so, so that i can get to work in the morning....and thanks to you guys i can do just that! gotta love crackberry!
    07-24-08 11:41 PM
    Awesome man!! Glad you got it worked out!!

I would avoid contacting the person and call your carrier to block them if it persists. And it can't hurt checking out the app I mentioned either by no means should it come down to you having to switch your number

Good night!!

07-24-08 11:51 PM
    You don't need a 3rd party application to setup a Blacklist or Whitelist, and that won't solve your problem anyway because they would still send SMS to you and you'd still get charged for it.

Best to report the number to your carrier, so you do not get charged for the excess messages, and they can deal with the legal part.
    07-25-08 12:05 AM
    Best bet is to just ignore them completely. Yes it will be annoying for awhile but children do get bored and move on eventually. Your carrier can not block texts from a specific number anyway. You can file a police report but remember there are bigger crimes than harassing text messages so don't expect the police to do much.

07-25-08 05:54 AM
    just to be clear I wasn't really going to file a police report or anything but after ignoring for a while and they didnt stop I decided to use scare tactics. I had my phone on silent after a little bit but the curiosity of if they stopped or not was eating at me so I kept checking my phone which is why i came on here...turns out it was just some girl at a camp who got my number from someone else there and she is "very worried" ( i got a message from the informant this morning ) i said don't worry i was bluffing but maybe if you want to play a prank on me you should pick a more convieniant time
    07-25-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD