Can you block numbers on a blackberry ? My brother keeps getting unwanted calls from an unknown number to his blackberry.Can we block it through the phone or do we need to call up orange ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-11 09:29 AM
    you could get an app that will answer hang up the unwanted numbers without you knowing about it once you add the number to the app or you could get Orange to do it but there might be a fee. Not sure what Orange's policy is on blocking numbers.
    06-12-11 09:42 AM
    I have the same problem. (My own fault, I did an insurance quote thing) I don’t how to block a call, but what I do is save the incoming number, give it the name “Don’t Answer”, and under “Custom Ring Tones”, select “Silent”, and vibration “Off”. The call will still come in, and I will at some point notice the missed call message, but I won’t have been bothered to answer it. Even if I do notice the call coming in, the name will be “Don’t Answer”, so I won’t.
    06-12-11 09:46 AM
    I use iBlockerPro to block unwanted calls. It's not perfect but it gets the job done.
    And for blocking text messages from certain people / number, I use SMSWall which I think is very good.
    06-12-11 10:08 AM
  5. T
    I have the same problem. (My own fault, I did an insurance quote thing) I dont how to block a call, but what I do is save the incoming number, give it the name Dont Answer, and under Custom Ring Tones, select Silent, and vibration Off. The call will still come in, and I will at some point notice the missed call message, but I wont have been bothered to answer it. Even if I do notice the call coming in, the name will be Dont Answer, so I wont.
    I was going to say the same thing. It doesn't happen often, but once in a while I'll get a telemarketing call. I copy the number and put it in a Memo Pad document I made called "Telemarketer Numbers to Block." I haven't done it yet, but if it becomes a problem, I'll set up a special "Telemarketer" profile and exception with "Mute" ringtone.
    06-12-11 10:29 AM
    Mr Call Block is free and works well
    06-12-11 10:36 AM
  7. T
    Mr Call Block is free and works well
    Is that one available in the app world? And does it spy/gather/collect user data?
    06-12-11 10:44 AM
    I use call control, its free and will either send unknown numbers to voicemail or answer then hang them up, works really well.

06-12-11 10:44 AM
    Don't telemarketers also have a different number or several that may call you?
    06-12-11 11:23 AM
  10. T
    Don't telemarketers also have a different number or several that may call you?
    Yes, they have many, but in my experience, telemarketing has not started out in full force on mobile phones. If it did, I would need one of the apps. I just meant if there were a few repeat ones that kept calling. So far it's been few and far between.

06-12-11 11:51 AM
    Is that one available in the app world? And does it spy/gather/collect user data?
    "
    It's called Mr. Number in App World. Yes it asked for access to personal info, but I don't believe it's Spying on you.
    06-12-11 01:05 PM
  12. T
    "
    It's called Mr. Number in App World. Yes it asked for access to personal info, but I don't believe it's Spying on you.
    Thank you.

06-12-11 01:50 PM
    Call Blocker Pro is a pay app but it work great. Kicks a call and to the caller it just appears as if the call failed.
    06-12-11 06:19 PM
    thnxx guyss

06-12-11 07:25 PM
    "
    If it is not spying on you, why does it need access to personal info? I don't see the point of asking for info unless they plan to store it and use it.

06-13-11 02:48 AM
  16. T
    I can understand why sometimes apps might want access to personal info. Call control apps most likely need access to your address book (personal info) in order to work. But the types of personal info some apps want is suspect. For example, why does Capture It want to "listen to messages"?

06-13-11 06:37 AM
    I used Call Control, blocked all incoming calls not on my Whitelist
    06-14-11 01:03 AM
    Can you block numbers on a blackberry ? My brother keeps getting unwanted calls from an unknown number to his blackberry.Can we block it through the phone or do we need to call up orange ?

Hello,
    i have Call Blocker pro free.
    if you want i can send you jad file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-14-11 10:40 AM
    I can understand why sometimes apps might want access to personal info. Call control apps most likely need access to your address book (personal info) in order to work. But the types of personal info some apps want is suspect. For example, why does Capture It want to "listen to messages"?

I would suspect to establish and make them work together ie.
    When you are using the app and a call comes in. Not 100%
    Sure though.

06-14-11 01:23 PM
    Mark from Mr. Number here,

Thank you thecoach1999 and BerryWriter for the recommendation! Just to clear things up, we do collect some application data about how many numbers you block and what types (spam callers, private callers, area codes, etc.). This data is currently only used to learn what type of numbers people like blocking so we can improve Mr. Number. No "spying" here (and we hate applications that do).

Also, if you choose to share your contact data with Mr. Number we do download that data (only if you tell us you want to contribute). In return, you can look up phone numbers in our shared address book for free.

I hope you like the app! You can email us if you have any other questions or problems (support [at] mrnumber [dot] com).
    06-14-11 01:42 PM
  21. T
    Can Mr. Number and Call Blocker Pro be used to block international (outside North America) numbers?

06-14-11 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD