I would like to block a PIN from messaging me but am having trouble finding a good solution for that. As far as I know there isn't a native BlackBerry tool for blocking just one PIN.

However, I am hoping someone knows of a third party app or some sort of work around.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks!
    12-09-10 09:10 AM
    Are you talking a straight PIN message or BBM? I know with BBM, you can ignore the person (and only that person's) messages.
    12-09-10 09:24 AM
    straight PIN, i looked in the BB app world and found a number of privacy/blocking tools but none of them referenced blocking PIN level messages.
    12-09-10 09:27 AM
    What device and OS are you using? OS6 has native firewall with option to block all incoming messages (pin, sms, e-mail) and lets you choose exceptions. E.g: to let through all your contacts and block everything else. If the person you want to block is in your contacts, move the pin number to the "notes" field and see if it works. You can also add individual pins to let through.
    12-09-10 10:02 AM
    Both OS 5 and 6 have firewall that allows you block sms, mms, email, and pin msgs.
    12-09-10 10:03 AM
    how do i block PIN messages with the firewall for just one pin? I am using OS 5

just to be clear, i want to get every and all PIN messages, except from one PIN i would like to block.
    Last edited by climbguy; 12-09-10 at 10:08 AM.
    12-09-10 10:05 AM
    how do i block PIN messages with the firewall for just one pin? I am using OS 5

just to be clear, i want to get every and all PIN messages, except from one PIN i would like to block.
    When you go into the Security then Firewall, check "Enable" then check PIN. Scroll down and you have the option to set exceptions. That way you select who you receive messages from.
    12-09-10 10:12 AM
    That doesn't resolve the issue, I only want to block ONE pin and allow all other pins to send me messages.

With that option, I would block all Pins except for Pins that I state in the exception.

I just want to block one pin and accept Pins from all other users.

When you go into the Security then Firewall, check "Enable" then check PIN. Scroll down and you have the option to set exceptions. That way you select who you receive messages from.
    12-10-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD