I was surprise to see I can't use whatsapp in blend. I don't use facebook/twitter on my phone so I'm not sure about those but what else does blend not support that the hub supports?

I would also like to be able to see notifications like alerts from apps and a messages saying blend is connected. I'm trying to really give blend a try but I keep having to pick up my phone to turn off the flashing red light for notifications. This seems poorly thought out. I should be able to at least view all alerts supported in the hub and for apps like whatsapp I should be able to actually send/receive messages.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:27 AM
    it's not blend, but it's a chrome web app:

https://web.whatsapp.com/
    04-14-15 12:40 AM
    That's a work around but still poor planing for blend. The "hub" is about being able to integrate everything in one place not needing to switch between apps. But blend it seems is counter-hub philosophy because now I need to download and use another "app" in chome and toggle between blend and this app not to mention the phone itself.

I'm curious to know what else does the hub support but blend doesn't support? Does it support facebook? Twitter?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DamianWarS; 04-14-15 at 06:16 AM.
    Mric182 likes this.
    04-14-15 01:01 AM
    That's a work around but still poor planing for blend. The "hub" is about being able to integrate everything in one place not needing to switch between apps. But blend it seems is counter-hub philosophy because now I need to download and use another "app" in chome and toggle between blend and this app not to mention the phone itself.

I'm curious to know what else does the hub support but blend doesn't support? Does it support facebook? Twitter?

Posted via CB10
    If you've noticed, Blend doesn't integrate anything else other than text messages and e-mails. FB messaging, Twitter etc etc isn't there. Blend is solely for main phone apps like e-mail, texts, file manager, calendar etc. Also, you don't have to download anything to use the Whatpsapp webapp, just go to the link i showed you, link your phone using the scan function and voila. Alt+Tab is your friend.
    04-14-15 11:28 PM
    If you've noticed, Blend doesn't integrate anything else other than text messages and e-mails. FB messaging, Twitter etc etc isn't there. Blend is solely for main phone apps like e-mail, texts, file manager, calendar etc. Also, you don't have to download anything to use the Whatpsapp webapp, just go to the link i showed you, link your phone using the scan function and voila. Alt+Tab is your friend.
    Well that makes sense because you can access all of the other social media and messaging apps on Windows or Macs, through your browser or through dedicated software

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-16-15 01:28 AM
    Well that makes sense because you can access all of the other social media and messaging apps on Windows or Macs, through your browser or through dedicated software
    Well you got me there is some sense in it. I still think it's is moving backward to what the hub is supposed to do. Regardless my concern more is about not having to pick up my BlackBerry to turn off the blinking light. Blend should allow me to control whatever the hub can in terms of notifications.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 11:54 AM
    I agree. When I attended a BB event last year, there was a specific message sent that Blend is in early stages and could be developed to the point where apps are Blend compatible. This needs to be done in my opinion to maintain the functionality and usefulness of Blend. In a work environment, I cannot access all of social media for many good reasons, but the ability for Tweets/FB etc to appear in Blend would be fantastic.
    04-17-15 08:03 AM
    Well blend is pretty decent considering the fact that you can access anything else from your browser, but your sms, calls, email and calendar on your pc live is something that can't be done
    04-17-15 08:24 AM
    I agree. When I attended a BB event last year, there was a specific message sent that Blend is in early stages and could be developed to the point where apps are Blend compatible. This needs to be done in my opinion to maintain the functionality and usefulness of Blend. In a work environment, I cannot access all of social media for many good reasons, but the ability for Tweets/FB etc to appear in Blend would be fantastic.
    you browse social sites at work? must be nice....
    04-17-15 09:10 AM
    Well blend is pretty decent considering the fact that you can access anything else from your browser, but your sms, calls, email and calendar on your pc live is something that can't be done
    correction, it does all of that except calls.
    04-17-15 09:11 AM
    correction, it does all of that except calls.
    That's a feature perhaps for a more mature blend using the mic/camera of the computer to answer phone calls or video/voice chat with bbm.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    04-17-15 05:53 PM
    That's a feature perhaps for a more mature blend using the mic/camera of the computer to answer phone calls or video/voice chat with bbm.

Posted via CB10
    I would like to see this in addition to WhatsApp, FB, etc. Hopefully it is on BlackBerry's road map for Blend.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    04-17-15 09:11 PM