BlackBerry came out with some amazing "apps/Features" including Blend, Story Marker , Time Shift, swipe to wake. If these features where great on Bb10 why didn't they carry over to make it feel as much BlackBerry 10 as possibe . They did with the password keeper why not other features?
    01-21-17 11:14 AM
    Those things were developed to help interest people in the BB10 platform. Android doesn't need to do that - it clearly has plenty to drive demand already.

Apart from Blend, there are comparable apps in the Play Store.
    01-21-17 11:21 AM
    One of the primary reasons I haven't switched over to a DTEK is the lack of Blend. I use Blend all the time at work so I don't have to pull out my phone.
    Powdah and ssbtech like this.
    01-23-17 10:57 AM
    My guess is the developers who worked on Blend left BlackBerry a while ago. Very hard to restart a project when the old team has left.
    01-23-17 11:33 AM
    I did love Blend, same reason as everyone else: leave phone in bag (or at home) and you are still connected.

Honestly though, I rely on BBM so Blend gave me access to that. My email is duplicated at work, my calendar is in the cloud, so I suppose pictures and files are what's left? They needed to keep building up more: WhatsApp, other apps hooking, etc....

Still would love to see more of this, but I'm wondering if most people simply don't care.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 12:12 PM
    Still would love to see more of this, but I'm wondering if most people simply don't care.
    Yep. If enterprise customers told BlackBerry that this was important to them they would have continued.
    01-23-17 01:15 PM
    Yep. If enterprise customers told BlackBerry that this was important to them they would have continued.
    I agree and it's unfortunate, but the enterprise sector will drive the software development for the Android based devices.
    01-23-17 03:38 PM
    Blend was never really fully finished at the time it left Beta stage!

have been involved as Beta tester and filled some surveys, where BB asked about if I would think it would be worth as payed service... well there was great potential in Blend as such but had to much missing to make it worth spending for as a user.

Personally I think docking stations with HDMI, Miracast, WiFi, NAS-network and BT connected keyboard and mouse is much smarter than having to relay on a PC in conjunction to a Blackberry as workstation.

No wonder that Blend got the EOL tag.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-23-17 03:52 PM
    I'd use it... :-D

•   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   •
    zephyr613 likes this.
    01-24-17 02:47 PM
    Those things were developed to help interest people in the BB10 platform. Android doesn't need to do that - it clearly has plenty to drive demand already.

Apart from Blend, there are comparable apps in the Play Store.
    Is there a specific application for story maker that works well on Blackberry android devices
    01-30-17 08:09 AM
    I really miss Blend. I could text and BBM at my desk and typing made me sound busy lol, now I have to do work at work.
    Mecca EL and 00stryder like this.
    01-30-17 08:01 PM
    Is there a specific application for story maker that works well on Blackberry android devices
    Google Photos can be used to create movies, animations, collages, and albums.

Works on all Android devices.
    01-30-17 10:57 PM
    I'm really sad about Blend. It's the perfect app. I have my 50 inch plugged to my PC and I have my day in front of me. So productive. Might have to stay on bb10 a while longer. App too good.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:37 AM
    I did love Blend, same reason as everyone else: leave phone in bag (or at home) and you are still connected.

Honestly though, I rely on BBM so Blend gave me access to that. My email is duplicated at work, my calendar is in the cloud, so I suppose pictures and files are what's left? They needed to keep building up more: WhatsApp, other apps hooking, etc....

I've been using Android since 2010 (FroYo!), and from Day 1, I had access to all of the services I had been using on the desktop: Gmail, maps, calendar, Google Drive, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Even calls, texts, and voice mail (I have used Google Voice since it was released).

Folks here are among the very few who didn't embrace cloud services a long time ago. Most of the world has used them from before the smartphone era, and most people who cared to have been able to get to all of their data and services from their desktops since long before Blend was released. That's why no one outside of the BB universe is clamoring for Blend - they already have most of the functionality without it, and have for a long time.

It's crazy to me that it is 2017 and there is still no desktop client for BBM, but it's just another example of BB making poor decisions that have cost them their leadership position in the marketplace.
    Mecca EL and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-03-17 03:59 PM
    It's crazy to me that it is 2017 and there is still no desktop client for BBM, but it's just another example of BB making poor decisions that have cost them their leadership position in the marketplace.
    I know whatsapp has a desktop client (never used it) but does anything else? Is there a SnapChat desktop client? I'm curious what platform, other than WhatsApp, businesses actually use. Well, I guess there is FB Messenger...

Definitely BlackBerry seems to have missed the boat on a secure messaging client that connected businesses to their employees on any platform, but maybe they had something on the enterprise end I'm not aware of.

I know my office still relies on email, but some kind of IM solution would be interesting, and more immediate.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 07:03 PM
    I know whatsapp has a desktop client (never used it) but does anything else? Is there a SnapChat desktop client? I'm curious what platform, other than WhatsApp, businesses actually use. Well, I guess there is FB Messenger...
    You made my point: BB users are often oblivious to other, non-BB services that are in very common use - many believing that BB is "the only solution good enough for business" somehow.

In addition to the super-obvious (iMessage/Facetime, Google Hangouts/Allo, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, LinkedIn) and even older (but still surprisingly used) like Yahoo, MSN, and AIM, there are also several business/enterprise IMs that are very common in that sector:

• Slack
    • Brosix
    • Unison
    • Spark
    • Jabber

and other collaboration apps like

• OfficeSuite
    • GoToMeeting
    • WebEx
    • Zoom (the former providers of BBM Meetings)

There's a whole world out there beyond BBM, and companies are running their businesses through these apps as they once did with BBM. The idea that without BBM, business would somehow grind to a halt is a fantasy that can only be found here at CB. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it - it just amazes me when I see people post things that insinuate that it's somehow "BBM or nothing" because nothing else exists. One of the big reasons BB failed so badly over the last decade is because the company was so isolated from the rest of the world, and set up such a powerful BB-centric echo chamber, that they truly believed that BB solutions would always win - and were shocked to find themselves years behind the curve once the blinders actually came off.
    02-03-17 07:35 PM
    Google Photos can be used to create movies, animations, collages, and albums.
    Works on all Android devices.
    I guess it should be clarified: What app allows you to do that without having to hand over your data to Google?

Personally I think docking stations with HDMI, Miracast, WiFi, NAS-network and BT connected keyboard and mouse is much smarter than having to relay on a PC in conjunction to a Blackberry as workstation.
    Sorry, I'm confused. You'd rather dock your phone to a monitor with a BT keyboard and mouse over firing up Blend on your PC and accessing your stuff that way?
    Kot Prada likes this.
    02-04-17 02:27 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12748424

This is being worked on, it's in the Beta stages, but the owner plans to go full forward with it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-05-17 06:15 PM
    You made my point: BB users are often oblivious to other, non-BB services that are in very common use - many believing that BB is "the only solution good enough for business" somehow.

In addition to the super-obvious (iMessage/Facetime, Google Hangouts/Allo, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, LinkedIn) and even older (but still surprisingly used) like Yahoo, MSN, and AIM, there are also several business/enterprise IMs that are very common in that sector:

• Slack
    • Brosix
    • Unison
    • Spark
    • Jabber

and other collaboration apps like

• OfficeSuite
    • GoToMeeting
    • WebEx
    • Zoom (the former providers of BBM Meetings)

Just to clarify: I wasn't saying BBM somehow is the only option, and in my part of the world it isn't even that common. What I was curious about was what other services offer both consumer and corporate friendly faces across all major mobile and desktop platforms. From this list, I've come across (in a past life) GoToMeeting (never on mobile), Jabber and I think WebEx, but never run across anyone using them for personal communications. The opposite is true for Yahoo, MSN and aim...

From the list, only FB Messenger and WhatsApp strike me as being in wide use for both business and personal, and also available across platforms. I didn't even know linkedIn offered an IM solution as I've only ever received emails.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 07:17 PM
    [...]

From the list, only FB Messenger and WhatsApp strike me as being in wide use for both business and personal, and also available across platforms. I didn't even know linkedIn offered an IM solution as I've only ever received emails.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like Facebook's got the market cornered... ;-P

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-06-17 01:19 AM
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. This would definitely complete BBM's offerings. Makes it far more productive. I mean, surely enterprise users are also often behind their desktops?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 01:27 AM
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. This would definitely complete BBM's offerings. Makes it far more productive. I mean, surely enterprise users are also often behind their desktops?

Posted via CB10
    If only there was a way to keep bbm open on two devices. I have a separate bbm on my desktop but as soon as I sign in I can't use it on my phone and vice versa.
    02-06-17 06:36 AM
    By the way, I am using remix OS on my old desktop to run android apps
    02-06-17 06:36 AM
    Looks like Facebook's got the market cornered... ;-P

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    I guess that's why they spent billions on a company that wasn't (isnt?) making money still. Go figure.

Boy did BBM ever miss the boat when they didn't embrace the whole "text messaging 2.0" thing. Oh well....

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 06:46 AM
    I really miss Blend. I could text and BBM at my desk and typing made me sound busy lol, now I have to do work at work.
    Haha. I felt the same way
    02-08-17 07:47 AM
40 12