Has anyone heard if there are plans to make Blackberry Blend compatible with their Android line of phones?
    enrod87 likes this.
    07-20-16 08:02 PM
    BlackBerry explicitly said that it was not a priority as it was never well used on BB10.

For the time being, you can try Pushbullet or Cortana with Redstone.
    07-20-16 08:11 PM
    I use Blend every day. Its a great tool.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-20-16 08:27 PM
    I think it's safe to say that the development for Blend is pretty much dead. BlackBerry jumped on the bandwagon of creating features and products, getting enough fanfare and attention for them, then forgetting about them.
    Its all about flashy products and gimmicks to get people's attention.
    07-20-16 11:11 PM
    Really sad because Blend is a great extra to stay with BlackBerry 10 OS

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 11:18 AM
    No. They used up all their resources developing DTEK and have nothing left to spare.
    07-22-16 11:34 AM
    Blend and Hub are the only advantages over any other OS. Blend is up on my screen constantly.
    07-22-16 12:00 PM
    I really enjoyed Blend too... much easier to type a message using a full keyboard.

But the fact is few are using computers these days, and few at work would be allowed to install an app like Blend. So while many of us found it useful, that just doesn't translate to enough to make it worth BlackBerry's time.
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-22-16 12:05 PM
    Geez, just found this thread. How credible is the information? Pushbullet is barely okay; I guess I will try "Cortana with Redstone," whatever the HELL that is.
    07-22-16 01:00 PM
    Part of the problem is a symptom of the disease that seems to exist at BB. Throw out a product that has great potential, but only half done and expect acceptance by all without providing continual improvements, then wondering why it has not had better acceptance.
    CmdrStraker likes this.
    07-22-16 01:27 PM
    I feel the same.

Sadly, I am the pluperfect BlackBerry prosumer, and I am sad.

Blend was something special for BlackBerry. I wish they'd figured out how to make it work for their new Android phone.

Bleh!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-22-16 05:13 PM
    Part of the problem is a symptom of the disease that seems to exist at BB. Throw out a product that has great potential, but only half done and expect acceptance by all without providing continual improvements, then wondering why it has not had better acceptance.
    So true. Everything they come out with seems unfinished and always ends up abandoned. They should try putting their whole *** into projects instead of this constant half-assing everything they do.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 08:57 PM
    Geez, just found this thread. How credible is the information? Pushbullet is barely okay; I guess I will try "Cortana with Redstone," whatever the HELL that is.
    New Windows 10 build... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-22-16 09:07 PM
    New Windows 10 build... :-)

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Windows 10 is kind of taking up where BB10 left off in terms of being good for business and productivity. I'd love to see a decent quality Windows phone with a good PKB. Then I'd say bye-bye BlackBerry and never look back.
    07-23-16 04:45 AM
    I also liked using Blend on OS10, but since I use iMac's in my business I find that IOS and Yosemite does and excellent job of integrating the functions of my iPhone 6S into my desktop. I can answer my phone, send and receive text messages, perform my calendar functions and it all syncs right to my device over wifi and bluetooth.

The only function I don't have on my desktop is my BBM which I have learned to work around. As far as having backup functions, I have found nothing compares to iCloud which can restore my device exactly as it was including my home screen.
    07-23-16 05:25 AM
    Windows 10 is kind of taking up where BB10 left off in terms of being good for business and productivity. I'd love to see a decent quality Windows phone with a good PKB. Then I'd say bye-bye BlackBerry and never look back.
    HP is bringing out some... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-24-16 04:31 PM