But Verizon and ATT are not stupid, they are in this business to make money, this is not a good sign.
    01-30-13 03:36 PM
    If the device was 100% ready for primetime I think we would see it on the us carriers. I think rim put a concrete launch date and could not afford another worldwide delay. If they released this halfbaked in the US they would be lit up. they need thisto be a successful launch in the US. Carriers here are not going to push a device that is going to give them headaches.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-30-13 03:58 PM
    If the device was 100% ready for primetime I think we would see it on the us carriers. I think rim put a concrete launch date and could not afford another worldwide delay. If they released this halfbaked in the US they would be lit up. they need thisto be a successful launch in the US. Carriers here are not going to push a device that is going to give them headaches.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    So the USA will not see or hear what the other countries are saying?
    01-30-13 04:02 PM
    If anyone has tried to get a product through UL or CE, you can understand the nightmare of red tape, endless questions, and silly requirements of the approval process. I suspect the carrier certification is similar. But it's their game and their rules, if you want to play.
    01-30-13 04:52 PM
    I feel very strongly that the carriers, BB or someone should make a statement, explaining the delay. To say nothing is to ignore a large group of consumers and treating them as if they don't exist.
    01-30-13 05:28 PM

I wonder what the fu@k happened?! This is a huge mistake like they used to make when Mike and Jim were in charge. 2 fu@cking months is absolutely unacceptable.

Either way BlackBerry is to blame. Even if it was the just carriers being douches.. Then either BlackBerry should have given them a device earlier or announced BB10 4 weeks later, so that the wait wasn't so long after their announcement. You can't announce a new product and then launch it in the US 8 weeks/2months later... WTF is Thor thinking???
    Last time I checked Wall Street was in the U.S. and that is where BlackBerry is getting pounded financially. Why would they fu@k up the U.S. market so badly??

I am simply stunned by this.. This is going to cost BlackBerry A LOT of business.
    CanAm89 and spiraleze like this.
    01-30-13 05:41 PM
    who is to blame? who cares, whatever the reason it is RIM's oh Blackberry's problem now...
    01-30-13 05:51 PM
    The way i see how it all happened is this: RIM met with all carriers. they gave them test devices. they told them that the target release date is 1st quarter (latest end of march). They told the carrier to get back to them when it will be release. most probably UK, CAN and UAE carriers all got back to RIM but not US carriers!
    01-30-13 05:51 PM
    But Verizon and ATT are not stupid, they are in this business to make money, this is not a good sign.
    Blackberry isnt seen as a money maker in the US
    They can afford to **** off the 3% of market share they hold there or whatever the percentage is.
    01-30-13 05:53 PM
    on the bright side the rest of the world gets to debug BB10, so you eliminate that level of aggravation for the US...
    You assume that they are not testing identical or near-identical software to that which has already been tested and approved by various other carriers though.
    01-30-13 06:55 PM
    Blackberry isnt seen as a money maker in the US
    They can afford to **** off the 3% of market share they hold there or whatever the percentage is.
    Indeed, it sucks for rim, but the carriers won't care as they will only ever want to sell whatever they have in the stores at the time anyway.
    01-30-13 06:56 PM
    You assume that they are not testing identical or near-identical software to that which has already been tested and approved by various other carriers though.
    yeah but there are always bugs that come to light once something is released to the masses.
    01-30-13 06:56 PM
    4 separate operating companies and all of them at the same time can not do their own individual testing? And while this failure to act was going on RIM was sitting idle waiting for some one to call and say we are done testing the phone! Some one in RIM should have some major explaining or be cleaning out his desk. This is not so important for consumers as it is important for the Media and the Stock Market! I blame a company who has been working for what seems to be forever not having some one at the same time working just as hard to make sure the US carriers were willing to be ready for this launch. I am sure the US carriers need the extra time to load their garbage on the phones and find ways to charge us additional fees. I give the carriers and Blackberry both a failing grade for this delay.
    01-30-13 07:05 PM
    4 separate operating companies and all of them at the same time can not do their own individual testing? And while this failure to act was going on RIM was sitting idle waiting for some one to call and say we are done testing the phone! Some one in RIM should have some major explaining or be cleaning out his desk. This is not so important for consumers as it is important for the Media and the Stock Market! I blame a company who has been working for what seems to be forever not having some one at the same time working just as hard to make sure the US carriers were willing to be ready for this launch. I am sure the US carriers need the extra time to load their garbage on the phones and find ways to charge us additional fees. I give the carriers and Blackberry both a failing grade for this delay.
    again what did you expect them to do. March into the carrier's offices and carry out the tests themselves.
    For all we know Blackberry could have flooded the carrier's with reminders and calls about the testing
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-30-13 07:18 PM
    again what did you expect them to do. March into the carrier's offices and carry out the tests themselves.
    For all we know Blackberry could have flooded the carrier's with reminders and calls about the testing
    I think they gave out $3,000,000 to developers during portathons this January. If all it took was a few phone calls or a little palm greasing, they did it.
    01-30-13 07:27 PM
    I think the carriers are being cautious. They already got burned by the the Storm, the Storm 2, the Torch, the Torch 2. They are waiting to see if Blackberry can be a hit first in other markets before pushing their phones. Similar to windows phone. Blackberry had its hayday. They gotta start at the bottom again. Get in line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    01-30-13 08:32 PM
    Offer 1 of them an exclusive. Offer one of them $10-20-30 more in subsidies, offset by the number of customers they pick up. Just do something. Blaming the carriers alone isn't going to cut it. If they did offer Verizon the white phone exclusively, maybe they should have negotiated an earlier release date too. Maybe they tried and it didn't work, but RIMM seems content to have us wait. Maybe it wasn't important to them? As usual, I think they miscalculated there. RIM picked up the pace on many aspects, but dealing with Verizon and AT&T doesn't seem to be one of them.

As we say down here in the states - Just get it done.
    well...

How is this different from any other phone launch with the exception of Apple? Everyone releases last in the US due to extensive carrier testing, this has always been the case!
    QFT.

For the record, I'll admit BB perhaps could have tried something else,

1. but with all they stood to gain by getting an earlier US release
    2. combined with US carriers already having an established reputation for heavier and longer carrier testing

Then I'm led to believe BB hit a wall and couldn't go any further, other than hiring Sylvester Stallone and The Expedables to attack Verizon HQ, or maybe take a $50 billion loan out to bribe Verizon with a small nation of their own.
    01-30-13 10:46 PM

Either way BlackBerry is to blame. Even if it was the just carriers being douches.. Then either BlackBerry should have given them a device earlier or announced BB10 4 weeks later, so that the wait wasn't so long after their announcement. You can't announce a new product and then launch it in the US 8 weeks/2months later... WTF is Thor thinking???
    Last time I checked Wall Street was in the U.S. and that is where BlackBerry is getting pounded financially. Why would they fu@k up the U.S. market so badly??
    I can't help but think of your rant in this way:

McDonald's Facks up my order at the Drive thru window and doesn't give me what I ordered in a timely manner. But rather than blame the staff member for the delay screwup, I contact the meat supplier and hold them responsible.
    01-30-13 10:52 PM
    I posted other thread as well but I believe this delay is more to do with US carrier than Blackberry's doing. There is no good reason i can think of to delay US launch when they are trying to get back to US market. They simply can't afford to. For carriers, they might lose bb sales while waiting for release date but they will sell something else instead. Sales is sales, doesn't matter what brand customers buy. On top of that If Blackberry was delaying bb10 on purpose in US, why CEO was in NY at the launch event instead of UK as UK is the first to get bb10 & spend outrageous amount of money for Superbowl commercial. I know Superbowl commercial is viewed not only by Americans but still main target must be Americans. Doesn't make sense any other way. This is my take anyway.
    DrBit2011 likes this.
    01-31-13 02:10 AM
    I can't help but think of your rant in this way:

McDonald's Facks up my order at the Drive thru window and doesn't give me what I ordered in a timely manner. But rather than blame the staff member for the delay screwup, I contact the meat supplier and hold them responsible.
    Bad analogy, seeing as we don't know what the actual holdup is.
    01-31-13 02:57 AM
    Bad analogy, seeing as we don't know what the actual holdup is.
    I was referring to his post, not who is responsible. What you say is so obvious I thought it went without needing to be said. Has anyone claimed to know 100% for sure? Not that I've seen.
    01-31-13 04:22 AM
    http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/images/icons/icon1.png

I wonder what the fu@k happened?! This is a huge mistake like they used to make when Mike and Jim were in charge. 2 fu@cking months is absolutely unacceptable.

I am simply stunned by this.. This is going to cost BlackBerry A LOT of business.
    While I 100% agree with your sentiment - take a deep breath.... exhale....another deep breath.... exhale

From what I recall - most companies release the device within a week or 2 of announcement. I think RIM did the same thing when they released the 9900's - announced it and then released it months later. Playbook maybe too?
    01-31-13 04:35 AM
    Indeed, it sucks for rim, but the carriers won't care as they will only ever want to sell whatever they have in the stores at the time anyway.
    Agreed. Verizon and AT&T wont suffer for this (they already have bottom of the barrel customer satisfaction numbers anyways and dont care). RIM will suffer in terms of unit sales.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-31-13 04:37 AM
    Someone here is not telling the truth. The more I think about it the less sense it makes. In the United States not 1 carrier will have the phone until March. This doesn't seem like it is the carriers holding off, it seems like it is Blackberry. What did T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & At&t all have a secret meeting and determine that they will hold off until March collectively? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

What makes more sense is that for whatever reason, Blackberry is the reason phones wont be released until March in the US. Who knows why. Maybe they need sales from other countries to finance their marketing push for the US. Maybe they are afraid the US will not accept the phone and that other countries will follow. All I know is that this is a slap in the face. Who does Blackberry think they are coming to NY, acknowledging the influence of a release in this country, and then in the same breath delaying it there? Smart move Blackberry.
    01-31-13 05:34 AM
    I think you guys are forgetting one thing: marketshare. You seem to think that BlackBerry believes that they will reclaim their lost marketshare with this first release, they don't. If you have listened to them, you would realise that this first release is for BlackBerry People, the people who have stayed with the brand during that lean years. UK and Canada are markets where they have a large share and they are guaranteed sales. In the US, it is an upward battle. The OS takes some getting used to and by the time, it reaches the US, it would have been in use by several million people and you can get honestly real life reviews instead of critic reviews.

It was said during the keynote, this is the beginning, not the end. This is not an Apple launch, where Apple has the power and carriers want the iPhone. This BlackBerry who has been the **** of people's jokes. BlackBerry has no power in the US, no real marketshare to shout about, they can't afford to throw money at the problem. So they are fighting this the only way they can, through a grassroots campaign. Get the phone in the hands of the people who actually want it and let them show off the cool features they find to their friends. It is the only way that they are ever going to gain traction. They are not selling a product, they selling an experience, they released it in the markets where they can get it into as many hands as possible and that means launching in Canada and the UK first.

Imagine you are a BlackBerry user in Canada or the UK and they launch in the US first to poor sales, would you still get one or would look elsewhere?
    Last edited by Joy1980; 01-31-13 at 05:29 PM.
    jkuyp likes this.
    01-31-13 06:17 AM
130 ... 3456