To my dear American neighbours,

I understand you're frustrated and upset. All I ask is that you direct that towards the carriers. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that BB would have been more than happy to give you an earlier availability date than March
    01-30-13 10:30 AM
    And Verizon will offer a white phone. Waited this long what a few more weeks.
    01-30-13 10:32 AM
    End of March!!! 2 months...too damn long! we have been waiting a long time....frustrated!
    01-30-13 10:35 AM
    End of March!!! 2 months...too damn long! we have been waiting a long time....frustrated!
    Second that!
    01-30-13 10:40 AM
    They cant get 1 US carrier on board for this? tmob/sprint/vzw/att and no release til march is not all carrier fault
    01-30-13 10:43 AM
    wow

March

just wow
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-30-13 10:45 AM
    Sad.......... Looks like msrp for those of us who don't want to wait
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
    Totally brought all the BB10 hype and excitement to a screeching bloody halt.
    Spencerdl, Flatman, rjkolo and 1 others like this.
    01-30-13 10:47 AM
    Not sure about that, in Mexico we will have it at end feb. Was the carrier choice when they will have it, i think is some related to low consumer share in USA, maybe carriers are still thinking BlackBerry isn't good enought, but i'm sure, when they see how well sell the devices in others places of the world they will change of mind and rush the availability of the Z10 an Q10.

Regards
    Then how it is Samsung and Apple can get their items out with the same carriers and RIM cannot.

They strong armed the carriers to take OS7 phones, remember that?
    Pay back is **** RIM.

RIMs fault all the way if the carriers are playing hard ball with them.

Tim
    Spencerdl likes this.
    This! I thought there were on exclusive deals??? I'm not switchig to horrible VZ just for the white Z10! WTF?!?!? I really am pissed about this!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    They cant get 1 US carrier on board for this? tmob/sprint/vzw/att and no release til march is not all carrier fault
    So what's the alternative? An anti American conspiracy by RIM to snub a massive smartphone market? c'mon mat...

Obvioously there was some red tape south of the border that caused this. There's no way RIM wants this delay. Your implication is pretty clear that they do, but I think that's your frustration at this state of affairs speaking, which I can understand.
    syn-ack likes this.
    01-30-13 10:48 AM
    If some countries can have it in the stores from as early as tomorrow and the US carriers are going to take until March then yes it is the carriers fault, it is not like the UK just blindly allow devices onto their network, beyond the carrier's own testing all of the carriers also require new handsets to be GCF certified too.
    01-30-13 10:48 AM
    Yea the fact that not ONE US carrier is getting it this month as far as we know leads me to believe that its RIMs fault. Unless they all gave RIM the big FU for the terrible BB7 launch.
    rcab likes this.
    01-30-13 10:49 AM
    big disappoint that it isn't available in the US for awhile.... Also I didn't see anything really that wasn't "leaked". All the articles i've read so far end their article by saying they are disappointed or they went at it the wrong way
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    So what's the alternative? An anti American conspiracy by RIM to snub a massive smartphone market? c'mon mat...

Obvioously there was some red tape south of the border that caused this. There's no way in he11 RIM wants this delay. Your implication is pretty clear that they do, but I think that's your frustration at this state of affairs speaking, which I can understand.
    I do remember people talking about how US wasnt going to be in the first wave but I still think RIM would love to have US carriers releasing now like Canada. I am just saying that they should have tried harder to get US on board somehow.
    shaleem and rcab like this.
    ATT & Verizon will be going over these with a fine tooth comb. They will want to be SURE that there are no device issues that would be a blow to their image. Also, they would want to check and find ANY FEATURE THAT COULD BE CHARGED FOR. You want the phone? fine, that will be so and so $$. Oh, you want to use video chat? $$$ more, Tethering? $$$, hotspot? fork over some more $$$.
    undone and Flatman like this.
    I do remember people talking about how US wasnt going to be in the first wave but I still think RIM would love to have US carriers releasing now like Canada. I am just saying that they should have tried harder to get US on board somehow.
    Given what we know about how slow the carriers are, I would expect that most of them were in the first wave and we are simply seeing just how much slower than everywhere else they actually are to release a new product.
    01-30-13 10:54 AM
    Yea the fact that not ONE US carrier is getting it this month as far as we know leads me to believe that its RIMs fault. Unless they all gave RIM the big FU for the terrible BB7 launch.
    Actually I would be more suspicious if ONE carrier got it and not the others. The fact that none of them did tells me it was a red tape issue by the U.S.

What a couple of you are not implying, but are actually saying, which is that RIM would deliberately or accidentally exclude one of their biggest markets is not only utterly ridiculous, but flat out... [insert infraction comment here]
    shaleem likes this.
    01-30-13 10:54 AM
    If BB10 is the success many here are predicting the relationship between BlackBerry and the carriers will certainly change. But as of now, BlackBerry needs the carriers more than the carriers need BlackBerry and probably had no choice but to give in to carriers timetable for release of the new phones.
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    T-Mobile just announced the Z10 pre-order page on FB.
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    How though? You don't really believe that they didn't do everything in their power to engage a market that big? Honestly?

If you don't make any more progress other than a firm "NO", than I don't really know what you expect RIM to do. Order the Cdn Forces which is about the same size as the NYPD to invade America?
    :P j/k
    01-30-13 10:57 AM
    But why the exclusive on white for VZW? This is not good news lol. ATT hasn't even announced it yet. Sprint and VZW have
    Spencerdl and bigbmc26 like this.
    01-30-13 10:59 AM
    Actually I would be more suspicious if ONE carrier got it and not the others. The fact that none of them did tells me it was a red tape issue by the U.S.

What a couple of you are not implying, but are actually saying, which is that RIM would deliberately or accidentally exclude one of their biggest markets is not only utterly ridiculous, but flat out... [insert infraction comment here]
    I wouldn't. Exclusivity happens a lot in the US. If one carrier and only one carrier had it now, it would explain why the rest don't.

I'm not saying RIM did this deliberately.

This is the bottom line. RIM/BlackBerry didn't make it happen. The carriers had how long to test this? Do you think they grouped up together to say "hey lets all wait a month after launch and all release at the same time"? I don't.
    rcab likes this.
    01-30-13 11:00 AM
    How though? You don't really believe that they didn't do everything in their power to engage a market that big? Honestly?

If you don't make any more progress other than a firm "NO", than I don't really know what you expect RIM to do. Order the Cdn Forces which is about the same size as the NYPD to invade America?
    :P j/k
    honestly i dont know but it just seems odd to not get even 1 of them to have it available within 30 days of launch
    01-30-13 11:00 AM
130 123 ...