What are your opinions on Blackphone?

Anything that BlackBerry can learn from?

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-18-14 02:17 PM
    You did hear they got rooted, right? Really quickly?
    08-18-14 02:19 PM
    Under 5 minutes...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:21 PM
    What are your opinions on Blackphone?

Anything that BlackBerry can learn from?

They can learn there is a small consumer market that cares about privacy.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:50 PM
    Not even worth a discussion.
    08-18-14 02:53 PM
    I really like them for providing a secure communication solution for consumers. BlackBerry missed that spot completely.

Based on Android will provide all apps a user could think of (I think/guess) but also raise some eyebrows in the security minded buyers.

I know about the exploit, but it's been fixed.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:57 PM
    Every phone can be rooted in one form and another. The BlackBerry 10 devices CAN be rooted, so don't start the whole flaming that I'm wrong because I'm not. It's true that the BlackBerry 10 device is a little more secure that most Android devices and iOS devices. But they can be hack. They can be rooted. Everything can be. Blackphone is relatively new, they will patch this and it will be rooted again. Most likely it will take longer next time

Posted via CB10
    senel, barbas79 and Vuneu like this.
    08-18-14 03:17 PM
    Every phone can be rooted in one form and another. The BlackBerry 10 devices CAN be rooted, so don't start the whole flaming that I'm wrong because I'm not. It's true that the BlackBerry 10 device is a little more secure that most Android devices and iOS devices. But they can be hack. They can be rooted. Everything can be. Blackphone is relatively new, they will patch this and it will be rooted again. Most likely it will take longer next time

Posted via CB10
    Sure, show us the link or information of BlackBerry being "rooted' and I'll believe you.

Anyone can make assumptions or accusations without prove

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:28 PM
    Sure, show us the link or information of BlackBerry being "rooted' and I'll believe you.

Anyone can make assumptions or accusations without prove

Posted via CB10
    Show me where I said it has been rooted and not where I said it can be rooted

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:32 PM
    Not even worth a discussion.
    True 'coz both are vulnerable.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-18-14 03:34 PM
    Premature eHackulation.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 08-18-14 at 04:05 PM.
    ghundiraj and Jimberry Storm like this.
    08-18-14 03:36 PM
    Bwhahahah! Blackphone and BlackBerry in one sentence!!!
    Subscribed.

Posted via CB10
    rhitdoph likes this.
    08-18-14 03:52 PM
    How many don't really care?? LOL!!
    08-18-14 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can it? Okay show me where someone says it can be there and actually done it.
    I can say I can do a lot of things, doesn't mean I can actually do it

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has not been rooted, so until someone does root it, you cannot say it can be rooted.

08-18-14 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry has not been rooted, so until someone does root it, you cannot say it can be rooted.

Agreed, because if it were possible AT THE MOMENT someone would have tried and someone would have succeeded. Challenge is the ultimate motivator.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-18-14 04:13 PM
    Right, can't believe your being this uptight about the "invincible" BlackBerry. What is a root? Go on. Tell me.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:05 PM
    Right, can't believe your being this uptight about the "invincible" BlackBerry. What is a root? Go on. Tell me.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me who has "rooted" or hacked ect a BlackBerry.

Just cause you say it can be done or someone has said it can be done, means nothing until it's ACTUALLY done

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and damien kupuku like this.
    08-18-14 05:11 PM
    I'm still waiting for you to tell me who has "rooted" or hacked ect a BlackBerry.

Just cause you say it can be done or someone has said it can be done, means nothing until it's ACTUALLY done

Posted via CB10
    I never said someone has done it. EVERYTHING can be. BlackBerry 10 is built on QNX which when BlackBerry took over, they tried to block the command to root the OS. They succeed but there is always a way to get around it. Seriously. It's very pathetic to think it can't be done. It's like I'm saying it's very easy to do it, it's most likely very hard but it does not mean it can't be done

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:17 PM
    I never said someone has done it. EVERYTHING can be. BlackBerry 10 is built on QNX which when BlackBerry took over, they tried to block the command to root the OS. They succeed but there is always a way to get around it. Seriously. It's very pathetic to think it can't be done. It's like I'm saying it's very easy to do it, it's most likely very hard but it does not mean it can't be done

Posted via CB10
    Sweet and Nasa can be hacked ect.. so what are you trying to say? Just cause it "can" be done (everything can be done) doesn't mean it's feasible or actually somewhat possible

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku likes this.
    08-18-14 05:20 PM
    Think the argument should be...

Does anyone really want to root BlackBerry? ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-18-14 05:21 PM
    Think the argument should be...

Does anyone really want to root BlackBerry? ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    Considering it's near impossible to do.. I would say no, no one wants to

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:22 PM
    Black phone is still a android device don't trust them

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm likes this.
    08-18-14 05:36 PM
    Black phone is still a android device don't trust them

Posted via CB10
    Well said,

Please close this tennis match mod?
    08-18-14 05:46 PM
    BlackBerry and IOS were also rooted using a carrier control interface 'backdoor', wirelessly, at Defcon according to this:

Blackphone goes to Def Con and gets hacked?sort of | Ars Technica
    https://www.blackhat.com/us-14/brief...ntrol-protocol
    Hackers Can Control Your Phone Using a Tool That?s Already Built Into It | Threat Level | WIRED

"One attack, demonstrated at Black Hat by Mathew Solnik and Marc Blanchou, used the embedded over-the-air management interfaces used by wireless carriers to perform carrier-pushed configuration updates. They were able to gain root access to BlackBerry phones, as well as some Android phones and the Sprint configuration of some iOS devices. The devices most vulnerable to the attack were the BlackBerry Z10 and the HTC One M7." [arstechnica.com]

However...

"The researchers say there’s no sign that anyone has exploited the vulnerabilities in the wild, and the company that makes the tool has issued a fix that solves the problem. But it’s now up to carriers to distribute it to users in a firmware update." [Wired]
    08-18-14 06:10 PM
74 123