Silent Circle and SGP Technologies (the owners of the Blackphone) are privately funded companies. Unless they put themselves up for sale, that's not gonna happen. Even if they were publicly funded, any amount to even garner their interest or consideration in being bought would be so obscenely expensive, BBRY couldn't afford it.
    I don't know....
    Chen said there were more acquisitions in the works.
    Chen in a way complemented BlackPhone, and even indicated it went a step beyond what BlackBerry had done with the PRIV.

And I'm not so sure they would be obscenely expensive. It's hard to say how many phones they are selling and if the company is even earning money right now. Or if they are still in "start up" mode, much like GOOD was, burning more than they make and relying on private investors to make up the difference?

But then I don't think Chen likes hardware...... so I doubt he'd even consider it.
    11-18-15 10:13 AM
    I don't know....
    Chen said there were more acquisitions in the works.
    Chen in a way complemented BlackPhone, and even indicated it went a step beyond what BlackBerry had done with the PRIV.

And I'm not so sure they would be obscenely expensive. It's hard to say how many phones they are selling and if the company is even earning money right now. Or if they are still in "start up" mode, much like GOOD was, burning more than they make and relying on private investors to make up the difference?

But then I don't think Chen likes hardware...... so I doubt he'd even consider it.
    When I said obscenely expensive that was if they were a publicly traded company, which would open them to bids from other competitors, investors and a board who have a say, etc.. all of which would likely skyrocket the selling price. But since they're a privately funded company, the only caveat would be that they'd have to be actively looking to sell. Basically I was saying that you can't "Just go and buy them out".
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-18-15 10:42 AM
    I don't see why BlackBerry should be. We haven't been relevant to the public in years. Without us BlackBerry die hards they wouldn't be around. I think the Black Phone is the least of there worries. Focus on staying relevant by any means even getting into bed with Android. (PUKE).

#teamBB #BB10diehard

 Pin: 2BD2A1FD| ‎  вιaсĸвεггч� Q❿/Z❿
    Well said Tony. Agree with you.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    Tony Edwards10 likes this.
    11-18-15 10:57 AM
    Blackphone is currently taking over.
    *heavy laughter*

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 06:37 PM
    BlackBerry with android ..yuk yuk. BlackBerry 10 for me all the way with my Passport SE!

  
    Tony Edwards10 and gfondeur like this.
    11-18-15 06:45 PM
    I know Obama and Clinton use BlackBerrys, not Blackphones.

BB, Still the One
    But they kinda 'own' the NSA, and BlackBerry as their business partner...

;-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-18-15 08:26 PM
    Blackphone is to blackberry how blackberry is to apple.

Almost Insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    pomidor and gfondeur like this.
    11-18-15 08:42 PM
    This blog made me feel better, thanks for posting

Posted via CB10
    Glad you liked it.
    11-18-15 08:56 PM
    Blackphone is to blackberry how blackberry is to apple.

Almost Insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    The difference here is BlackBerry was the head oncho prior unlike the black phone was a public joke from the getgo

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:11 AM
    Even with the Priv just being on att, wouldn't BlackBerry still possibly have a wider distribution channel than blackphone? The Priv seems to be doing really well in comparison to what BlackBerry phones have been doing in the past couple years. I guess you can never be too sure about anything though...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 12:54 AM
    I get this feeling though, that BlackBerry is taking too lightly to blackphone. In business, never underestimate your competition. Though silent circle isn't big now, doesn't mean it will stay that way. Let's also not forget that many people from consumers, employees and the like, are generally not knowledgeable about the differences between offerings by different companies. When someone says they offer a secure smartphone, they don't really read into 'how' they secure it, so my guess would be that down the road, BlackBerry will very much be compared to blackphone and if they don't take this seriously now, they could do to BlackBerry what apple did with the launch of the iPhone, sweep the core market from right under them.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 04:41 AM
    What is BlackBerry doing about this? There's an Australian article I saw here at work where their CEO is saying that they will be bigger than BlackBerry in 18 months or so...and their phones are sold out on a regular basis.

Should BlackBerry be worried?

Posted via CB10
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA................
    11-19-15 05:47 AM
    I get this feeling though, that BlackBerry is taking too lightly to blackphone. In business, never underestimate your competition. Though silent circle isn't big now, doesn't mean it will stay that way. Let's also not forget that many people from consumers, employees and the like, are generally not knowledgeable about the differences between offerings by different companies. When someone says they offer a secure smartphone, they don't really read into 'how' they secure it, so my guess would be that down the road, BlackBerry will very much be compared to blackphone and if they don't take this seriously now, they could do to BlackBerry what apple did with the launch of the iPhone, sweep the core market from right under them.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry have changed their tune on how they handle these things. Keep your eye in Inside BlackBerry Blogs for an article responding to Blackphone.
    11-19-15 06:07 PM
    Ok thanks, I'll check out the blogs

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 04:15 AM
    Different market segment. Blackberry traditionally aims for enterprise and public sector industries to provide security and privacy. Blackphones aiming at the common end users. On the other hand, BlackBerry is marketing it's devices not only on security, but also on productivity, having a pkb and productivity apps as a major selling point to common consumers. But remember, BlackBerry is positioning itself not as a smartphone hardware company, but as a security and privacy software company.

Is it a threat? It could if blackphone somehow disrupts completely the security and privacy technology and shifts into software (similar to what BlackBerry trying to accomplish). Until then, BlackBerry should take a very close eye on blackphone to anticipate any market disruption that can eat away BlackBerry market share or its technology.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 12:52 PM
    I just got the Blackphone and will arrive next week. I'll let you know my opinion.
    11-21-15 02:02 PM
    I just got the Blackphone and will arrive next week. I'll let you know my opinion.
    Cheers... make it a thread for us, hey...? :-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-23-15 02:05 AM
    *heavy laughter*

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on that one.

Now that BB is releasing an Android phone, BlackPhone is panicking. BlackPhone doesn't come even close to BB10 when it comes to security, and now it has to compete with an Android BB as well. I have a hard time believing anything written by BlackPhone in that article. It just reeks of BS, not too mention taking that one quote out of context (that was a dirty trick).

BlackPhone isn't a publicly traded company, so they can lie about their sales and where they are going to be in x months all day long. There won't be any public investors potentially suing the company for misrepresenting its market performance. BlackPhone's private investors are OK with the lies, because they hope for the lies to increase sales.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-23-15 04:52 AM
    Didn't think about that. okay.
    11-24-15 01:30 AM
    The problem with the blackphone is it has zero carrier support and after a year the user has to pay for some of security apps that are installed by default on it. If the ceo of blackphone is wrong with his claim there is no consequence.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 02:12 PM
    11-24-15 10:24 PM
    Can BlackBerry not just buy Black phone out?

I don't know much about their product or how big their company is but buying them out would shut them up.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    No need to. The blackphone has always been a marginal business venture. Quarter after quarter, we have consistently seen that the market really isn't there. Might sell a few to organized crime who doesn't want to plug into EMM. Sort of a sad business model.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-24-15 10:29 PM
    No need to. The blackphone has always been a marginal business venture. Quarter after quarter, we have consistently seen that the market really isn't there. Might sell a few to organized crime who doesn't want to plug into EMM. Sort of a sad business model.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's sad THAT there isn't a market (for this business model, not the business model and idea of secure and private comms in itself), I mean that people aren't really interested...

:-|

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-25-15 02:11 AM
    Nice read. Thanks.

This just tells you how [emotionally] insecure Black Phone is feeling after the Priv's release.

Black Phone: Tries to convince the public that it's a better product by slandering Blackberry

BlackBerry: Talks in detail about the steps it took to harden the Priv's security, refuses to stoop to BP's level and throw low-blows at competition
    11-25-15 04:33 AM
    3 days with the Blackphone... and I'm loving it!!!
    11-27-15 11:20 AM
66 123