BlackLine GPS announced its release of a free geo-social networking platform for GPS-enabled BlackBerry smartphones. Dubbed Blip, the application gives users the option to share their location with others, as well as track speed and direction of other Blip users within their social circle. Consumers can spontaneously connect with their friends and family members nearby. Businesses are more efficient when they know exactly where their human resources are located.

The company says that Blip users are guaranteed complete privacy and control over who has access to their positioning data. The application is also compatible and integrates with the GPS Snitch - BlackLine's wireless vehicle security product that provides remote on-demand tracking and alert capability.

Blackberry Blip - free OTA download
    Blip(TM) - Share your Where(TM)

GPS Snitch vehicle tracking
    GPS-Snitch | Home
    Protect your vehicle, GPS Snitch is a purpose-built wireless vehicle security and tracking solution. Small enough to be hidden almost anywhere, GPS Snitch gives you the power to locate your vehicle on demand using the internet, or your Blackberry or web-enabled cellular phone.
    03-29-08 03:58 PM
    Hi everyone.

A few days ago, I was surfing the web and I found out a project that works over most mobile phones which lets you know where your friends are in real time and update your status in twitter. It�s called Dimdix.
    On their website they say you don�t need a GPS system to detect your location. Does anyone know how this works?
    I�m using a Motorola L7 and amazingly it detected my location.
    I cannot stop thinking of all the things I could do with it.
    If anyone wants to take a look you can go dimdix.com

Thanks,

Regards,

Juan
    09-29-08 09:31 AM
    The Blackline GPS sounds very similar to Buddy Beacon on WHERE. I noticed that this post is old, however, I hadn't heard of the Blackline app. Does anyone have any experience with Blackline vs. other GPS social networks?
    10-01-08 10:23 AM
    Hi everyone.

A few days ago, I was surfing the web and I found out a project that works over most mobile phones which lets you know where your friends are in real time and update your status in twitter. It�s called Dimdix.
    On their website they say you don�t need a GPS system to detect your location. Does anyone know how this works?
    I�m using a Motorola L7 and amazingly it detected my location.
    I cannot stop thinking of all the things I could do with it.
    If anyone wants to take a look you can go dimdix.com

Thanks,

Regards,

Juan
    Rough triangulation of your position from cellphone towers I am guessin
    10-01-08 05:25 PM
    I know this post is old, but I just installed Blip... No one I know is using it (yet) and I was wondering what you all thought of it...
    02-25-09 02:37 PM
    i download the app on my phone and my wifes but i cant add her 2 my friends list. as a matter of fact i dont know how 2 add n e body! does n e body know how?
    05-04-09 12:50 PM
    Link not working?

JWNY
    05-10-09 12:03 AM
    Some interesting blackberry applications based on location based are foursquare,mojostreet.com,scvenger,facebook places
    09-29-10 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD