A while ago there was news about accessing the BlackBoard course management system with BlackBerries. (See CrackBerry story link below).

Does anyone know if there's been any progress?

Revolutionizing Education: Blackboard Coming To The BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com
    07-27-08 03:06 AM
    That would be totally amazing because my university uses this program for every single class and I check it multiple times daily (when I'm actually going to school) for all my assignments, lecture notes, tests and any other information. This would be amazing on my BB!!
    07-27-08 03:13 AM
    I go on blackboard by using Opera Mini all the time to check my courses and such.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 03:48 AM
    ^^Ditto. I always used Opera for blackboard and works like a charm. Its nice to be able to dl and view the powerpoints on ur bb.

07-27-08 07:15 AM
    I can access it with Opera Mini, no problem. The only issue I am having is with discussion threads. I can subscribe to a thread and when someone posts a message, I get a notice on my berry. The only problem is that I can't reply using either Opera Mini or the latest RIM browser (upgraded to OS 4.5). It would be so cool if I could do that. The notification email provides a link to the original post (kinda like CrackBerry!!!). I just wish it would work!

07-27-08 11:10 PM
    One thing I forgot. Now with Documents to Go, you can download the PowerPoint files to your SD card. Pretty cool! I wonder if the browser on the Bold is the same as the browser in the OS 4.5 upgrade? There may be hope yet for those discussion boards.

07-27-08 11:14 PM
    Ok, actually was able to open a reply screen to a discussion board message sent to my BB. However, I couldn't select the appropriate field to make a reply.

The search continues!

07-28-08 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD