I think BlackBerry will be using tactical and organic means to get the word out in the U.S.. Buy ad space in big events in sports, commercials on t.v. & movie theaters, get some U.S. celebrities to endorse, social media usage, honest customer reviews and a solid product and experience will speak for itself. More and more will get into the wild so word of mouth will continue. Probably a lot of other means I'm leaving out.

Looking at the Canadian and UK carrier sites, customer ratings and reviews for the Z10 have been on par if not better than top smartphones like iPhone5, Galaxy3, and Note2. Some sites have reviews in the hundreds rather than a paltry 10 reviews we may assume. I was quite shocked to be honest.

If you are a user that's heavy in communication and messaging (email, IM, social media), the killer app is the hub and the new BB screen keyboard. Organizing messages and typing efficiency is longed for in this space. I saw some videos of the Q10 at work and I will admit, efficiency is even faster with that for factor and the new BB 10 software.

Unexpectedly, I have started to do is begin authoring rich content on the Z10. From applying filters and editing photos to using Storymaker and editing HD videos I've recorded. I couldn't believe I could cut videos that I think is what BB's acquired Jaycut is known for? All of these authoring tools are baked in natively to the capturing tool rather than a separate app it seems. I will investigate some more.

The other tactical end is going back to the roots to meet enterprise needs for value add hardware, software and services. IT budgets are not the same anymore as costs are now under more scrutiny and demands are challenging. I started to get interested in BlackBerry when they started arising in corporate use. This might happen once again. BES 10 with BB Fusion will allow for a good MDM and BYOD proposition while BB Balance will help companies and their employees to one phone with the work and personal space partition protecting corporate IP and security as well as employee privacy. They can deploy enterprise apps through a managed corporate BlackBerry World and there will be less dependency for costly VPN infrastructure. With the recent stories of slow response resolution to android and iOS device security email Exchange server issues, this leaves a great opportunity for BB to sell to corporate customers. New, existing or old.

Another interesting use might be using BBM for video and voice conferencing. In my company we are paying through the roof for Tandberg solutions but there are only limited locations to use this equipment. What about ad hoc usage when on business travel or when out of the office? I've tested the BBM screen share capability and it was really good where I was able to instruct someone how to navigate through configuration settings on the phone. This is like a dream IT support feature for mobile devices as well as doing presentations (hooked up via HDMI to a tv or projector) or when I'm working with a colleague on last minute changes to a PowerPoint deck before presenting to management.

I can go further on the possibilities of the comeback of BlackBerry but I think this is an approach that's pragmatic and one where if Thorsten Heins has truly changed the culture of the new BlackBerry from the products, services, meeting customer needs, partnerships, and employees - I truly think they could very well be one of the biggest comeback stories in the making.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:46 AM
    well said...thanks for sharing...I swiped this entire reply

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:57 AM
    You know I really wanted to read your post. I really did, but I'll just take Shanerredflag's word for it. Well said, thanks for sharing.
    03-23-13 10:24 AM
    You are welcome guys. I just want realistic expectations and it's good to know there's a growing base that supports good products. I don't believe any type of product is a zero sum game.

Choice is king.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:11 PM
    Well done.
    03-23-13 08:35 PM
    watch the throne
    03-23-13 08:46 PM
    I like how you roll OP
    03-23-13 09:27 PM
    Grest post OP.
    03-23-13 11:00 PM