I am very excited about the DTEK60 but then I am a bit of nervous about buying it. Since BlackBerry is not supporting their own OS anymore, how long will they support their Android phones with OS updates?
    10-13-16 05:20 PM
    BlackBerry 10 was a dead end. Android is not. I moved from BB10 to BlackBerry Android with no qualms. And support to-date has been great.
    10-13-16 05:28 PM
    That is great to hear, I am currently on my Passport but it is time for an upgrade.
    10-13-16 05:56 PM
    It is difficult to say.

Contractually they are obligated to provide updates for a year and a half. This means that on day 183 from launch they could discontinue support for an android handset.

You will have to determine whether or not the recent announcement that there won't be any new blackberry handsets unless license partners step up to produce them means that they will stick to the bare minimum support for Droid devices...and if that 18 month period is long enough for you.

Posted via CB10
    MehdiQ likes this.
    10-13-16 07:24 PM
    They are not even on Android 7.0 yet.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    10-13-16 07:25 PM
    And how many devices are currently running Nougat? Legitimately?
    johnny_bravo72, zocster and web99 like this.
    10-13-16 07:33 PM
    One mitigating factor is that, once you're on Android, it's quite simple to move to another Android phone - all your apps, contacts, purchases, etc. will transfer with you. The last two times I upgraded my phones, the only thing I had to do was log in to the new phone and everything was automatically restored to the new phone (except one app, which wasn't using cloud storage at the time, but does now).
    10-14-16 11:08 AM
    It is difficult to say.

Contractually they are obligated to provide updates for a year and a half. This means that on day 183 from launch they could discontinue support for an android handset.

You will have to determine whether or not the recent announcement that there won't be any new blackberry handsets unless license partners step up to produce them means that they will stick to the bare minimum support for Droid devices...and if that 18 month period is long enough for you.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that be on Day 543 ? 18 months = 543 days..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    vpblaze and zephyr613 like this.
    10-14-16 11:15 AM

Chuck Finley on the ball with the math!!!
    10-14-16 11:27 AM
    One mitigating factor is that, once you're on Android, it's quite simple to move to another Android phone - all your apps, contacts, purchases, etc. will transfer with you. The last two times I upgraded my phones, the only thing I had to do was log in to the new phone and everything was automatically restored to the new phone (except one app, which wasn't using cloud storage at the time, but does now).
    If the cloud is what you want,... that's a great solution. :-)

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    10-14-16 07:25 PM
    They appear to be giving the Android junk more support then BB10. I think I read 12 months vs. BB10's 3 months. Maybe Androids fail more?
    10-15-16 12:37 AM
    They appear to be giving the Android junk more support then BB10. I think I read 12 months vs. BB10's 3 months. Maybe Androids fail more?
    No, it's called active development.
    10-15-16 12:46 AM

Yes it would be...multitasking brain fart.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-15-16 03:04 PM
    Or last longer? 😉
    10-15-16 04:30 PM
    No, I call it screwing your BB10 customers one of the few things BlackBerry is still active in.
    10-21-16 01:47 AM
    Or last longer?
    Maybe BUT I don't thinks so. Most of the threads are now about Android issues and I don't think there are more Androids then BB10 phones.
    10-21-16 01:58 AM
    I am very excited about the DTEK60 but then I am a bit of nervous about buying it. Since BlackBerry is not supporting their own OS anymore, how long will they support their Android phones with OS updates?
    There is absolutely no way I would spend $500 for a blackberry android phone given this company's documented history of abandoning established userbases.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-21-16 09:19 AM
    Maybe BUT I don't thinks so. Most of the threads are now about Android issues and I don't think there are more Androids then BB10 phones.
    I've actually seen a lot of positive press and positive comments here on CB, though i have not used one myself. I do use a Nexus 5x though and find it quite a good experience. I think most people find what works best for them, BB10 included, and stick with it unless something better comes along.
    10-21-16 12:05 PM