I work for Alltel and every day I see more of the general public coming in for blackberry's. Now while I don't think this is a bad thing. Does this make Blackberry's less of a status symbol?
    06-27-08 03:23 PM
    I suppose it does to an extent, but no big deal. Just look at the growth of this site, and you get a feel for how popular they are.
    I didn't get one for status anyway... LOL
    06-27-08 03:26 PM
    I don't think it means anything other than the person with the BB knows what they want in a mobile device.

I supposed its kind of a status thing--but where I live, status is measured differently--I guess. I never know if the multi-millionaire is standing next to me in line at the post office/or store/or restaurant.

We don't have a town full of lexus/beamers/hummers--whatever. People here no matter their income level seem pretty much the same. Heck, my boss is a very wealthy man-but you'd never know it by the way he dresses.
    06-27-08 03:33 PM
    blackberry has always been a status symbol. even though it is becoming more common and attainable, i think it is still very much a status symbol.
    06-27-08 03:36 PM
    Guy the other day get out of his nice car and come into the stairwell at work... his phone was ringing non stop. who ever it was they kept calling back. I said you going to answer that lol... he said I would but I don't really know the device yet.... lol.. oh well we all have learning curves.. but having a nice car and a bb is not status in my mind. Mine has it purpose and that is why I always have it and use it.
    06-27-08 03:37 PM
    If the BB is becoming so common I can't wait for the next latest and greatest. Something that will wow the world. =8')
    06-27-08 03:39 PM
    oh yes wait til ppl have the bold in their hands wow
    06-27-08 03:50 PM
    I imagine in the hands of the shallow, yes it would be.
    It's always been a phone to me, no better or worse, than
    anything else on the market.
    06-27-08 04:03 PM
    I never really saw it as a status symbol...I am a gadget geek somewhat and for me the device itself and the capabilities is what drives me....I have seen folks with them that haven't a clue as to what to do with them
    06-27-08 04:12 PM
    My husband and I have a Blackberry simply because we like them, however, I don't see them as a status symbol, if for no other reason than so many kids have them these days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 04:15 PM
    lmao status symbol....
    06-27-08 04:18 PM
    well all I can say is, you are in a sorority at my school if you have a northface, ugg boots, and a blackberry haha
    06-27-08 04:19 PM
    well yeah when im at work and people see my blackberry they think im rich or something
    06-27-08 04:20 PM
    well all I can say is, you are in a sorority at my school if you have a northface, ugg boots, and a blackberry haha
    I think a transfer is in order
    06-27-08 04:20 PM
    I don't think you can consider a BB a status symbol.. B/c I've see rich and poor alike walking around with a variety of BB models..

06-27-08 04:51 PM
    At one point televisions were status symbols...same with VCRs, CD players, cel phones, DVD players, etc. It seems Blackberrys are becoming more affordable to the masses, and no longer the exclusive toys of the people with $ to burn. Personally "status" never occured to me. It just seemed the best device to get the job done for me.

06-27-08 05:19 PM
    lol Ok I think a few of you took this the wrong way. Let me clarify to the best of my knowledge up until very recently the Blackberry was kind of exclusive to business people and celebrities. I'm not trendy by any means I got the phone because I love gadgets. Basically I was asking if anyone still thinks this holds true.
    06-27-08 05:19 PM
    That's a major problem with this world, and this country more specifically. Who cares what car you drive! Who cares what clothes you wear! Who cares what phone you have! If you need to "show off" then something's missing in your heart, mind and soul.
    06-27-08 05:23 PM
    Years ago I remember the only people you saw who carried Blackberries were guys in suits and ties. There definately was some exclusitivity as to who had those devices but I'm not so sure they automatically gave you "baller" status. With RIM's shift in marketing to appeal more to the masses with the Pearl and Curve, Blackberries have become a more common sight out there. There are still a lot more silver flip phones and RAZRs around, but I see more and more non-suit and tie people with berries than ever before.

Speaking of RAZRs, remember when that phone first came out, you were considered the $hit if you had one. Now 3-4 years later, everyone and their dog has one. In this fast moving world of ours, nothing stays exclusive forever.
    06-27-08 05:24 PM
    Status symbol? I drive a 95 Chevy pickup. I wear camo when I go out to dinner and wear work boots every day. Having a BlackBerry doesn't mean a damn thing concerning status.

06-27-08 05:28 PM
    Status symbol??? We dont need bo stinkin status symbol!!!!!
    06-27-08 05:36 PM
    I feel cooler with a bb. It gives me confidence and self esteem. Plus I'm a ninth level ninja on world of warcraft so I'm basically an awesome person.

Lol. ********.

06-27-08 05:40 PM
    Well, I suppose I'm out then, cause I don't even know what a northface is.
    06-27-08 05:47 PM
    Well, I suppose I'm out then, cause I don't even know what a northface is.

Northface - he who is always looking up

sorry y'all I couldn't resist
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-27-08 at 05:57 PM.
    06-27-08 05:55 PM
    Northface - he who is always looking up

sorry y'all I couldn't resist
    Eh. I thought it was some trendy feather-down jacket.
    06-27-08 05:59 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD