I was thinking from a style point of view. I mean, Armani suits are sexy, so are Armani Watches, but what about phones? Is having a Blackberry "sexy" in that consumer sense?

Is a member of the opposite sex having a Blackberry a +1 (however small) on the sexy scale, that say, a brick like nokia wouldn't be?

Just randomly started thinking about this today.

Feel free to abuse me for thinking about this/contribute to the discussion, whatever really!
    12-20-10 04:09 PM
    oh for god's sakes. it's a frickin' PHONE!

Jennifer Aniston is sexy. A BB is just a phone!

and another thing, anyone who worries so much about image as you do, deserves to own a Jesus Phone like all the other posers.
    12-20-10 04:11 PM
    WTF! How does stupid ish like this even enter a persons head. Grow up!! It's a damn phone.
    1812dave likes this.
    12-20-10 04:40 PM
    It is just a phone, however, it can complete the look that some people are trying to achieve. Armani suit, fancy watch, fancy Italian shoes, and you pull out a MetroPCS Kyocera slider? Doesn't match at all.
    12-20-10 04:55 PM
    HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA sexy? HAHAHAHAHHA ok sorry had to....
    12-20-10 04:59 PM
    Maybe in countries where service contract subsidies don't exist, but no phone sold in the US is the least bit "elite".
    12-20-10 05:05 PM
    I think they look sexy, I just love the BB design.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 05:20 PM
    Well, I won't bash the OP. I think this is a silly, fun topic

I think a BB is sexy when my husband is holding his Bold
    12-20-10 05:28 PM
    I am going to entertain your thought. Whenever I see someone with an iPhone i kind of cringe.

If you will, a Blackberry says you don't just get what everyone else says is cool and/or you know what you need a phone for. In that regards I could see it bringing some sex appeal.

In general I am not going to walk away from a woman because she has a dumb phone,

Also to the PCS comment, I thought about switching to them before I got my new job where i am constantly using my BB. It is so much more economical. Hence, you could then afford more Armani suits :P
    12-20-10 05:30 PM
    oops double post.
    12-20-10 05:41 PM
    I'm too sexy for this phone, too sexy for this phone.....
    12-20-10 05:49 PM
    I like the design of most blackberry's but, I wouldn't call them sexy. Now a Mustang is sexy.
    12-20-10 06:50 PM
    I gotta say I when I see a girl with a Blackberry her attractiveness does go up a tiny bit, be it only because then I know the chances of getting her PIN number and BBMing are much easier than getting a phone number or email address for follow up plans later that night or another day.

Giving away PIN's just seems to be so Laissez-faire not so with Phone numbers and email addresses.
    12-20-10 07:36 PM
    I'm too sexy for this phone, too sexy for this phone.....
    Well played, but dang, you beat me to it, so here's some thanks...
    12-20-10 09:27 PM
    I don't have a smartphone fetish, so no, I don't find them to make someone any sexier than she may be in the first place.

Image is more or less overrated for smartphones. I use what works best, because I make any phone look sexy...
    12-20-10 09:29 PM
    hmmmm.

I think the activity of using a smartphone of any type, is not sexy. No one looks sexy staring at their hand, or with a deck of cards sized box against their head.

fashion is a weird thing, and sexiness is also.
    12-20-10 10:24 PM
    I gotta say I when I see a girl with a Blackberry her attractiveness does go up a tiny bit, be it only because then I know the chances of getting her PIN number and BBMing are much easier than getting a phone number or email address for follow up plans later that night or another day.

Giving away PIN's just seems to be so Laissez-faire not so with Phone numbers and email addresses.
    I'm not sure if that makes you shallow or eccentric. In either case, if I had a sister, I'd have her steer clear of you.

"laissez faire
    n.

1. An economic doctrine that opposes governmental regulation of or interference in commerce beyond the minimum necessary for a free-enterprise system to operate according to its own economic laws.
    2. Noninterference in the affairs of others."

I'm not quite sure that your usage of "laissez faire" makes any freakin' sense in the context in which you used it, but perhaps I'm missing something in your intent???
    12-20-10 10:41 PM
    I'm not sure if that makes you shallow or eccentric. In either case, if I had a sister, I'd have her steer clear of you.

"laissez faire
    n.

1. An economic doctrine that opposes governmental regulation of or interference in commerce beyond the minimum necessary for a free-enterprise system to operate according to its own economic laws.
    2. Noninterference in the affairs of others."

I'm not quite sure that your usage of "laissez faire" makes any freakin' sense in the context in which you used it, but perhaps I'm missing something in your intent???

The fact it is easier to communicate with them, makes me shallow most likely.

as for Laissez-faire translated to English I guess it means "leave it alone", or "don't really care" at least that is the context of usage in Ontario French.
    12-20-10 10:54 PM
    A phone is a phone, regardless if it's a simple, basic, feature or smart type, to me, it's just a phone. Lol

12-20-10 11:42 PM
    oh for god's sakes. it's a frickin' PHONE!

Jennifer Aniston is sexy. A BB is just a phone!

and another thing, anyone who worries so much about image as you do, deserves to own a Jesus Phone like all the other posers.
    Lauren Bacall was off the scale for sexiness.

12-21-10 01:01 AM
    To be honest, we can all sit here and say "ITS JUST A PHONEEEE LOLZZ" but lets be honest, everyone has their certain things that they are attracted to.

Whether thats legs, ****, breasts, hair, eyes...then it comes to things like her outfit. Clearly, one must be attracted to what the girl/man is wearing - and a phone contributes to that overall look.

So for this purpose - yes, BlackBerry's are in fact sexy!
    12-21-10 01:25 AM

So for this purpose - yes, BlackBerry's are in fact sexy!
    No--that's an OPINION you are expressing. Not a "fact". Just because advertisers like to consider everything they hawk as "sexy", tell me how an inanimate object stirs your loins. (on second thought, I don't want to know--I was using a question to make a point. )
    Last edited by dave1812; 12-21-10 at 09:32 AM.
    12-21-10 09:01 AM
    As others have stated, ITS JUST A PHONE! Its an electronic object that gets things done. Period. A phone sexy? Really?! com'on!

12-21-10 09:29 AM
    No, blackberry, much less any phone are not Sexy, they are not HOT and they just hunks of plastic with some electronics shoved in them. Nothing sexy in the least.

Do girls using blackberries make one hot? no!
    12-21-10 10:22 AM
    Yes, BB are sexy! And boobs too!

1812dave likes this.
    12-21-10 12:55 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD