Honestly, if something is important to you, back it up. Multiple ways, it's called not putting your eggs into one basket.
    hmm, how did that work for people then? answer? it didn't, people that backed up (myself included) attempted to restore, and STILL couldn't see their SMS, to get them back the only way was an autoloader wipe and restore after it had all updated.
    personally, I have a very top end (built it myself) PC, and a backup, autoloader update and restore takes the best part of 3 hours! this is partly because BB Link is so shabby, theres no granularity to the backups like for example BBOS Desktop manager. Also you say backup multiple ways, I recall when BB Protect would backup my texts if chosen, again a lovely missing feature of BB10 that would of saved people hassle potentially.

But that's all for nothing, because not everyone has a PC, and not everyone will backup, that's why OS`s should be tested thoroughly prior to release, from the issues and amount affected it would seem not to be the case for the MR. or (and my theory) as people internally are always on different builds, they didn't update from the current version while testing so the issue wasn't apparent. that's merely my theory but could explain it.

Really, you are happy with the current level if marketing?
    as I said, for the first month or 2, we are now in august and it launched in January (very end of) so the months after may have been dead advertising wise. very much like media message control, someone took their foot off the pedal, but they were spending a lot and there was (even though quite short lived) a marketing campaign.

Blackberry would be better off sponsoring a NASCAR team than formula one. In a sense the marketing is good for overseas but in North America that advertising is useless.

Formula one is not that popular here..
    surely that argument will change dependant on country, F1 is more popular in Europe lets say than nascar is, if they sponsored a nascar id never see it, but by sponsoring F1 I do. ironically though I own a BB so im not their target anyways haha.
    08-14-13 11:52 AM
    "Started from the bottom"

We're still here.. haha

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 01:31 PM
    Q5 pricing is even more bizarre than the Q10 or Z10... It basically means they can't even compete on the low end.
    08-14-13 01:32 PM
    hmm, how did that work for people then? answer? it didn't, people that backed up (myself included) attempted to restore, and STILL couldn't see their SMS, to get them back the only way was an autoloader wipe and restore after it had all updated.
    personally, I have a very top end (built it myself) PC, and a backup, autoloader update and restore takes the best part of 3 hours! this is partly because BB Link is so shabby, theres no granularity to the backups like for example BBOS Desktop manager. Also you say backup multiple ways, I recall when BB Protect would backup my texts if chosen, again a lovely missing feature of BB10 that would of saved people hassle potentially.

But that's all for nothing, because not everyone has a PC, and not everyone will backup, that's why OS`s should be tested thoroughly prior to release, from the issues and amount affected it would seem not to be the case for the MR. or (and my theory) as people internally are always on different builds, they didn't update from the current version while testing so the issue wasn't apparent. that's merely my theory but could explain it.
    Relying on Link to perform your backups is like using duct tape as your cars timing belt/chain. It sucks.... has since day 1.

As far as marketing goes, if you plan to compete against arguably the world's best marketing company (Apple) and that crazy thing that markets itself without marketing (Google aka Android) paired up with one of the world's largest companies.... then you better have a great campaign that clearly explains why someone should buy your product. And it better be sustained and LOUD! If you think their marketing was good or even decent..... then I guess we'll agree to disagree... because I think it was half baked, chappy and weak at best... essentially it sucked and it was ineffective. sales results support that theory.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-14-13 03:37 PM
    Don't know where you are looking but ,I can get a Z10 for 500-550 brand new off contract from a carrier in Canada.
    All three of the major carriers (Bell, Telus, and Rogers) are still selling the Z10 at $649.99 off contract. Fido sells the Z10 at $600. Hell, even a Bold 9900 is still $599.99 off contract. So I would like to know where YOU are looking.
    08-14-13 03:54 PM
    Relying on Link to perform your backups is like using duct tape as your cars timing belt/chain. It sucks.... has since day 1.
    so you tell me to make backups, then tell me the backup program is terrible. errr ok.
    08-14-13 04:54 PM
    so you tell me to make backups, then tell me the backup program is terrible. errr ok.
    There are lots of ways to do backups. you know... those app thingys that people keep asking for??!?

I clearly stated that I backup what is important in multiple ways. Never trust just one if it is important to you............. a lesson many learn the hard way.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-14-13 07:27 PM
    My biggest issue with the Z10 was price... Off contract I felt it should have been from $350-$400 ($99 on contract). Q10 even lower. For $350 OFF CONTRACT.... I could have pushed this phone to other people easily, especially since the cost of entry is minimal.
    08-14-13 07:38 PM
33 12