Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a place on the internet where I can find Blackberry users talking about how they are using their devices to improve their productivity?

I have observed people using their Blackberries in ways that actually destroy their productivity. In other words, just having extra firepower does not necessarily make for a better soldier. In fact, in some cases, it's better to keep the firepower away!

Today over in 43folders.com, I saw a conversation about meetings being made more productive by banning Blackberries. Maybe some folks in this forum have been on the receiving end?

If so, I'd love to hear if this is a growing trend.

P.S. Of course, the problem is not in the device, but in how it's used.
    04-07-08 08:04 AM
    Here's an example of increasing productivity: I use my Verizon Blackberry to check realtime train arrival times in the Washington, DC Metro system. And because Verizon has service in the underground stations and tunnels, I can send emails while commuting.
    04-07-08 08:32 AM
    if your not productive with your bb you can hand it over!
    mine does everything for me so i can spend more time on other things(goofing off)
    suck my a**
    04-07-08 08:46 AM
    Thanks Jeff -- that makes perfect sense to me. Converting downtime to useful time seems like it should be the most important gain.
    04-07-08 09:00 AM
    Here's an example of increasing productivity: I use my Verizon Blackberry to check realtime train arrival times in the Washington, DC Metro system. And because Verizon has service in the underground stations and tunnels, I can send emails while commuting.
    What application/site do you use to do this? Sounds cool.
    04-07-08 09:21 AM
    I check emails during my commute in to work so I know what is already on my plate before I even get into the office. I think it's very helpful.
    04-07-08 09:23 AM
    http://wmata.com/mobile/

I'm sorry, I should have quoted. This URL is in response to Patrick's question. Patrick: I responded to your private message with more details. Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 04-07-08 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Failed to quote originally
    04-07-08 09:41 AM
    I can have emails written, read, & replied to while in the cab, on the treadmill, or eating lunch. I can look up addresses, phone numbers to restaurants/bars/lounges for client dinners & etc. And I also use it keep track of flight/train schedules since I travel so much. My BB doesn't help me stay organized, it organizes ME.
    04-07-08 12:56 PM
    Today over in 43folders.com, I saw a conversation about meetings being made more productive by banning Blackberries. Maybe some folks in this forum have been on the receiving end?
    I have been a few meetings where some people 'tried' to ban blackberries. I have told them if they want me in the meeting, then me and my phone are coming with them. It actually reduced the number of meetings I was invited to and thus made life much better. I have yet to go to a meeting that lasted more than 15 minutes that was productive.
    04-07-08 01:19 PM
    I spend too much time juggling tasks for multiple people. I have to put it all in my blackberry or I'd forget everything I needed to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 01:20 PM
    without it i would have to open up my laptop every 10mins
    04-07-08 04:37 PM
    While I was unable to send emails while I was out of the office, now with my Curve, I can.

Used to be that I am totally cut off from work when I leave the office, but now, with my Curve, I can stay connected anytime.
    04-07-08 07:26 PM
    Replying to e-mails for work and/or personal without having to power up a laptop and find a connection.
    04-07-08 07:34 PM
    I like having all the tihngs I need in one place. IM,E-Mail,Web,Phone. Not really sure how I got by before I had one
    04-07-08 07:36 PM
    If my bb had a web cam I could throw out my pc.

04-07-08 10:11 PM
    My BB keeps me on track.

It's my alarm clock in the mornings.

It's my reminder for any and all my important meetings.

It's keeps my scheduled assignments together.

I use the D today theme so I can glance and keep track of what's coming up within the next few days.

It's my down time web browser.

My GPS and Berry 411 get used a lot.

Keeping up with my work email and contacts is a given.
    04-07-08 10:45 PM
    Life/work doesn't happen in an office. I need availability and reliablility.

04-07-08 11:22 PM
    Welcome 2 CB
    04-08-08 09:05 AM
    Well, from my perspective... here is how I use my Crackberry (and how it keeps me productive!)

WORK: I work in Emergency Services... which is a 24/7 world... my Blackberry allows me to stay connected to what is going on without actually being at the Communications Centre... in addition.. while I am at work.. I am rarely at my desk.. I am out talking with staff.. collaborating with Managers from other departments, and meeting with client agencies. The BB actually makes it easier to be out and about with people rather than tied to a desk. We have a lot of Managers from all sorts of departments that work all types of shifts, and therefore meeting with everyone at the same time is a rare occurrence. Also.. we have discussions via the BB which saves us from having endless meetings! Its essentially an office on my hip! On my way to work, I clear my voicemail using a bluetooth headset. I scan my emails before I leave the house in order to know what to expect for the day.. and to figure out what I need to deal with in what order. (Prioritizing and Risk management! LOL). The calendar is invaluable... as well as PIN messaging.. which actually forms part of our evac and backup procedure.. we can all still communicate even if the corporate network goes down!!! I use the tasks, addressbook and password keeper is a LIFE SAVER!

HOME: At home (personal life) the BB is what keeps me productive! I can keep in touch quickly and easily with family and friends all from one place, via THEIR preferred method of communication. I am flexible. So if they want to email , they email and I can reply... if they SMS text, I can text back.. if they call... I can answer! If they have BB's they can PIN or BB messenger me... if they are on MSN ... they can use Windows Live Messenger (via JiveTalk) to get me... etc etc etc .. its kinda kewl! Of course, with 2 roommates who are as close to me as family, with wacky schedules like mine.. we use a shared google calendar that we all can see (with sub personal calendars they we can't see of each others!). They sync wonderfully with the BB calendar... so wherever I am, I have an accurate calendar of where everyone is ... of course.. its nice to have a music player to keep myself entertained! GPS will cause me to never have to buy a mapbook again. EVER. Being able to access the web via a browser on the go is a HUGE time saver. I can do my banking while waiting for a movie to begin. I can immediately check out a website someone recommends. I can keep up to date with world news and events from the palm of my hand whenever I want... NEVER picking up a newspaper again!

Anyway.. the ways it keeps me organized and productive in both my work and social life are not even countable.. BUT.. it IS a bit of an addiction
    04-11-08 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD