Are there any issues or things I need to be aware of when I get my first Blackberry (8310) this weekend?

Im using a MacBook, although I do have access to a WinDoze PC if I can be bothered to get it out of the attic

Many thanks in advance for your replies
    08-21-08 05:00 PM
    Are there any issues or things I need to be aware of when I get my first Blackberry (8310) this weekend?

Im using a MacBook, although I do have access to a WinDoze PC if I can be bothered to get it out of the attic

Many thanks in advance for your replies
    Your BB will not sync up with your MacBook. I have a MacBook also and none of the software works. The ONLY thing you can do is transfer songs/ringtones via Bluetooth AND that's even really tricky (do a search online). Apple and BB are very much not compatible.
    08-21-08 06:20 PM
    thanks for the reply

Im not too worried about contacts as long as I can transfer some music over
    08-21-08 06:38 PM
    Mine works fine. The only thing I can't get it to do is load and delete applications. But as far as syncing my iCal and contacts and all that syncs just fine. Maybe it depends on how new your Mac is? Mine is less than a year old. I have the black MacBook. You should be fine if you are just worried about music because for me it has been really easy to transfer files via Bluetooth! Any other questions you might have I'd be glad to answer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 06:42 PM
    I had the hardest time with my blackberry on my macbook pro. It would not even recognize it all. finally I booted into my xp pro partition on the same computer and connected it and updated it no problem. The next time I connected it in OSX it showed up no problem. The most I can figure is once it connected to Desktop Manager in windows it then started to work with pocketmac.
    08-21-08 06:49 PM
    Mine works fine. The only thing I can't get it to do is load and delete applications. But as far as syncing my iCal and contacts and all that syncs just fine. Maybe it depends on how new your Mac is? Mine is less than a year old. I have the black MacBook. You should be fine if you are just worried about music because for me it has been really easy to transfer files via Bluetooth! Any other questions you might have I'd be glad to answer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks for the reply

My MacBook is about 8 months old so Im hoping i'll be ok
    08-21-08 06:54 PM
    Im not expert with Macs by any means, but there is a download available for BBDM for Mac's:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    08-21-08 07:07 PM
    My macbook was also less than a year old, and running leopard with all the updates. My ICal and contacts all synced ok, but everytime i set it into mass storage mode, my Berry would reset....every....single...time. I reinstalled downloaded every update and patch and it never worked. So i would suggest never putting it into massstorage mode when connecting you your mac and I would also suggest buying a mobile USB card reader and transferring music that way. You plug your memory card in the reader and plug it in your mac and drag everything to the music folder on the memory card. Should save you a lot of headaches.
    08-21-08 07:17 PM
    Im not expert with Macs by any means, but there is a download available for BBDM for Mac's:
    Thats not a desktop manager for mac. There is no such thing. Currently the only way to backup and update your blackberry OS is through desktop manager which is only a windows program.
    08-21-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks i'll give it a try
    08-21-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD