I was wondering why the GSM blackberrys are always nicer/constructed better than their CDMA counterparts?
    CDMA never got a phone as nice as the 9000 bold. Even now that CDMA has a bold 9650 , the 9700 looks sleeker, and is just a nicer phone overall
    Any ideas?
    06-27-10 05:13 AM
    Thats because 80% of the world uses GSM phones so there's a bigger customer base for phone manufacturers sell to when they build GSM devices. I believe Sprint and Verizon are the last two major CDMA carriers in the world. These two CDMA carriers are also a part of the problem because they could do a better job picking better devices when they strike exclusive deals.
    Last edited by yungcrum; 06-27-10 at 07:29 AM.
    06-27-10 05:36 AM
    Thats because 80% of the world uses GSM phones so there's a bigger customer base for phone manufacturers sell to when they build GSM devices. I believe Sprint and Verizon are the last two major CDMA carriers in the world. These two CDMA carriers are also a part of the problem because they could do a better job picking better devices when they strike exclusive deals.
    Ditto x2 my friend!
    06-27-10 10:04 AM
    You can travel outside the country with GSM and still talk unlike CDMA phones and with RIM such a huge player in the business industry a lot of people need that when traveling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 11:18 AM
    How do phones like the Storm/Storm2/9630/9650 fit in there? Since they have GSM capabilities, the story above kind of falls flat on its face.
    06-27-10 11:38 AM
    How do phones like the Storm/Storm2/9630/9650 fit in there? Since they have GSM capabilities, the story above kind of falls flat on its face.
    Not exactly, since these phones cannot generally connect to 3G on GSM carriers
    06-27-10 11:57 AM
    Good point, I actually feel fortunate to have picked up both. the EVO 4 & Bold 9650 from Sprint. Totally satisfied with Sprint but for the last several month's the phone selection has been terrible.
    06-27-10 11:57 AM
    Not exactly, since these phones cannot generally connect to 3G on GSM carriers
    Connection doesn't matter, as the OP was asking about construction of the device, not connections.
    06-27-10 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD