I resently read on MSN that Reserch in Motion was going to be phased out in 2013. What does that mean for blackberry users like me? Will I no longer have blackberry services next year? Is blackberry being sold to another company? Do I need to start reserching other phones/tablets? What should I expect.

Been a Blackberry User for 10 years now and do not wnat to change.
    08-07-12 01:29 PM
    Hi,
    The reliability and validity of the research that is shown on MSN can be questioned and is not always correct. Research in Motion is still strong in many, many countries so the likelihood that they will get phased out is unlikely. They are still progressing with BB10, so their plans for the future do exist and they're not just giving up. I hear the PlayBook 4G is out...you could always research that
    And....You should expect BlackBerry10 to blow your mind
    08-07-12 01:58 PM
    I am wondering who writes articles like that. Seriously. There is no guarantee RIM will "phase out". Next year they'll release the new BB OS10, we'll have to wait and see how devices with that system will be accepted by the market. Even if OS10 won't succeed, I wouldn't worry too much. IMO RIM would still be interesting for other companys to take it over. The Blackberry brand and their businesses would be too important to just let those "phase out".

Of course RIM is in a situation which ain't easy or relaxing. Far from it. However there is still enough force to turn the ship around and bring it back on course.
    08-07-12 02:01 PM
    Actually, the MSN article was just republished and had come out a few months ago.
    It showed up again last night. It was unusually poorly written. And I think it was 10 Companies That Will Disappear or something like that.
    08-07-12 02:05 PM
    I resently read on MSN that Reserch in Motion was going to be phased out in 2013. What does that mean for blackberry users like me? Will I no longer have blackberry services next year? Is blackberry being sold to another company? Do I need to start reserching other phones/tablets? What should I expect.

Been a Blackberry User for 10 years now and do not wnat to change.
    Lets see If I got this straight. You read something on MSN & felt the need to sigh up to lets use now.... Were have you been for the last ten years....
    08-07-12 02:07 PM
    Great example of how journalism no longer exists.... just reprint something true or not... and take home a paycheck.... Sad....
    08-07-12 02:14 PM
    do a bit of research and try not to believe what the media say.
    08-07-12 02:36 PM
    In 2013 Blackberry will become big once again thanks to BB10 new phones.
    08-08-12 04:52 AM
    pretty sure that RIMPIRE will strike back and rise once more, BB10 is coming out and that Blackberry is still strong in a lot of countries one of them is in Indonesia, where 99% of the people here uses a blackberry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 08:10 AM
    Well, I'm going to go a little off topic.

It annoys me slightly when I see people use "Blackberry" instead of "BlackBerry".

Especially journalist and tech sites. If they can't even get the brand name right, I find it hard to take them seriously.

Sent from RIMpire Bold 9700 using the force
    08-08-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD